Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU from secured to unsecured success!

tag
armyguy90
Contributor

NFCU from secured to unsecured success!

I have been a member of NFCU about a year. I opened a secured credit card with them in January I think ($500limit). I have always paid on time, but currently my balance is around $470 so I have made heavy use of it. I decided to call and see if they would unsecure my card. I had to apply for a new Nrewards card and they said they would use the money in my savings to close the current card and open the new one. I got a $1000 limit, I know its not much but its good for me and my score! Im very surprised I was approved because I have SEVERAL (5+) inquiries in the past few months, and a high balance on all credit cards. THANK YOU NFCU!!

Extra Info:

Current EQ score is 600 flat

I have an Auto Loan with nfcu open for 10months never late.

And also a personal loan opened 5 months never late

I have 2collection accounts on my report from 2008,

and several charged off acounts from 2008.

Income $30,000/yr

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU from secured to unsecured success!

Fantastic work.  I like to hear when a secured product goes to an unsecured one.  Just one question, are you currently military or are in you a civilian position?  I know that sometimes that makes a difference in their decision as well as they see it as "steady income" if you are in the service.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 4
armyguy90
Contributor

I am in the National Guard, drilling one weekend per month, I make about $300/month. On the civilian side I work at a hospital and have only been there for 7months

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tazman81 wrote:

Fantastic work.  I like to hear when a secured product goes to an unsecured one.  Just one question, are you currently military or are in you a civilian position?  I know that sometimes that makes a difference in their decision as well as they see it as "steady income" if you are in the service.

I just had NFCU unsecure a card out of the blue last month.  Totally unexpected without so much as a request to unsecure or a hard pull!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.