Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU gave me a pre-approval CC. Gave them a shot

tag
Gh0st
Contributor

NFCU gave me a pre-approval CC. Gave them a shot

I was a hessitant to even bother since I applied for few cards/credit increases a few months ago and barely got anything(just a small $500 increase). I thought  it was because my  two cards are maxed out( my other 4 cards are at 0 though). A few min monthly paymens later, I got mail for a pre-approval from NFCU. I typed the code and a few hours later I was approved for $13,000! They didin't even ask for my stubs which I was suprised about. My highest atm is my citi card atm at $6000 and I'm only 21. Give NFCU a try!

.Believe.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU gave me a pre-approval CC. Gave them a shot

@Gh0st wrote:

I was a hessitant to even bother since I applied for few cards/credit increases a few months ago and barely got anything(just a small $500 increase). I thought  it was because my  two cards are maxed out( my other 4 cards are at 0 though). A few min monthly paymens later, I got mail for a pre-approval from NFCU. I typed the code and a few hours later I was approved for $13,000! They didin't even ask for my stubs which I was suprised about. My highest atm is my citi card atm at $6000 and I'm only 21. Give NFCU a try!

Very very nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 11
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Wow, congrats. What are the requirements for joining NFCU ?

Message 3 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

Wow, congrats. What are the requirements for joining NFCU ?

Have to be related to someone in the military or in the military yourself.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

You need to have some connection wtih the military. Here's their eligibility checlist: https://www.navyfederal.org/about/eligibility-checklist.php

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats !!  NFCU is awesome, they are really the best lender that I know of when it comes to approving w/ generous CLs to rebuilders.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 11
Gh0st
Contributor

That certainty is true. My mother got approved for 19K when all she had was an orchard card. You could only imagine the look on her face.

.Believe.
Message 7 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Gh0st wrote:

That certainty is true. My mother got approved for 19K when all she had was an orchard card. You could only imagine the look on her face.

Wow, very nice !!!   Another +1 for Navy !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 11
dodge30
Established Member

I have to say NFCU is the best I just received an 8000 dollar  CL . That blew my mind I mean considering the fact I have an USAA CC  limit 1000. Fico aren't the best but time to do some real gardening or Farming is what I call it. And get rid of them sub-prime cards. NFCU MAN THAT'S CRAZY.

Message 9 of 11
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@Gh0st wrote:

Great limit! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.