Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU goRewards or Flagship?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

NFCU goRewards or Flagship?

Is it woth it to PC my goRewards MC to Flagship Visa Siggy? I don't like the AF of Flagship, but I hate the points of goRewards will expire the most.

Even though you get 2% back with a Flagship, but it costs double of the points to redeem cash. NFCU rewards suck in general.

That's why I cannot make up my mind and am here looking for advice...Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU goRewards or Flagship?

It seems like their rewards are worth .01 only after 5K points. CreditAddict likes the NFCU Flagship, so maybe he can provide you with some insight on the card.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

I completely understand why it is a difficult decision.  The points are essentially the same since you can start redeeming at 1000 points with goRewards and 2000 with Flagship, so they are even there imho.  The Flagship has an annual fee, and the goRewards has points that expire.  goRewards you can redeem for cash, travel, or merchandise... and I THINK (not sure) you can only redeem Flagship for travel (could be very wrong).  It's based on your preference.  I like goRewards since you have options on what you can get and no AF but that's just me. 

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

NFCU is good for high CL, forgiving past credit issues and not for their rewards. If you are looking for a better rewards cc, I'd look elsewhere.
Message 4 of 11
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
NFCU is good for high CL, forgiving past credit issues and not for their rewards. If you are looking for a better rewards cc, I'd look elsewhere.

+1

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 11
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Thank you guys.

Message 6 of 11
Xer0_SiN
New Contributor

the flagship is awesome for airline redemption. if anything i would just get the cash card. you get the signature perks plus if its your everyday card you get to 1.5 real quick. i redeemed close to 300 on my everyday card the other month. now im at 50 dollars of rewards again. not too sure if you continue reaping the 1.5 when you past 10k or it resets.
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CashOnDelivery wrote:
It seems like their rewards are worth .01 only after 5K points. CreditAddict likes the NFCU Flagship, so maybe he can provide you with some insight on the card.

I was and I was confused.. I am not anymore!!

I just used up our 14k worth of points and we now use Quicksilver for our daily use card... I'm not a fan of only getting airline tickets through them to get the 2% or else you are just getting 1%.

Message 8 of 11
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for the info. I might just keep the goRewards then.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how this would work from goRewards -> Flagship but when we PCed our joint nRewards to cashRewards the points didn't convert. Granted we only had one or two charges since it was a brand new card so it wasn't a big deal...

Oz
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.