Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU help please

tag
jc2
Regular Contributor

NFCU help please

Hello,

I have read many hundreds of pages re NFCU but have been unable to find an answer to the following question...

First some stats:

BK dc 3/14

NFCU Cash Rewards approved 9/16 2,600

first AR 1/3/17 (EQ Fico at AR 691, 7 inquiries in last 12 monthss)

CLI request 1/5 for 10k...instant approval (should have asked for 25k...chickened out)

immidiatly requested 25k..went to 24 hr review. Called in. letter says Declined due to "recent change in credit line"

Now the question: do I need to wait until the next AR to request further CLI, or was the hard pull quick denial simply because I requested on the same day. I.e. has I waited until the next daybor next week woul I have possibly recieved a counter offer. I ask because I see many people have asked for cli every few days, weeks and continue to rcv sp cli up to the point that the amount asked for is countered rather than approved for full amount.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU help please

FYI when you request a CLI, just hit max -
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 5
jc2
Regular Contributor

I will try that next time

Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Aside from just pressing the MAX button, they will counter back regardless if you ask for $10k or $50k, Id wait personally 3-6 months before asking again, and definitely wait till after the next AR. Navy sometimes likes to see some history first, especially with dirty files.

Navy is great. Ive been with them for over 3 yrs, and They have been very good to me. Just be patient with them, and eventually you'll get what you want. ! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
jc2
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.