Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU how long?

tag
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: NFCU how long?

@rootpooty wrote:
I've been told by 2 reps that writing a check against a LOC cannot be done if you have your own cash in a checking account.

I believe most members have it just for a tradeline reporting rather than actually use it. For whatever reason I thought it had a grace period lol.

Anyways to the OP does your DL address match your roommate? When I got my GF to join through me that's how they verified eligibility was through address on DL. Make sure you verify this cause the last thing you want is the security dept freezing your accounts.

No idea. I have two checkbooks from NFCU - both with the same basic 10 digit account number. The main actual checkbook adds -001 to the account number and the LOC checkbook adds -009. The checks even say "Line of Credit" on them.  From a processing standpoint, those are different accounts.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 11 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I would be interested in Flagship but I dont have an existing CL with 5k limit.  Dont you have to have a 5k limit before getting sig version?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Prob CSR mis informing me then. When I asked about writing a check against it they told me if funds are in my checking they will draw from there first. Then I was told there isn't a grace period so it kinda makes sense to use your own cash first.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 13 of 14
Elcid89
Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

I would be interested in Flagship but I dont have an existing CL with 5k limit.  Dont you have to have a 5k limit before getting sig version?

No. I know folks who have applied for a card with NFCU whose highest limits at the time were in the $1,000 range and seen them get awarded $10,000 initial credit lines.

NFCU tends to be generous with initial lines, but they will cheerfully slot you into a sub-prime rate (16.65% or so) at the same time if your credit is sub-par.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.