cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU improving rewards

tag
irvinfitness

NFCU improving rewards

Just got an email from NFCU allowing me to select one category for 3% cash back from April-December of 2014 with the cashRewards card. 

Categories were not great (gas, grocery, restaurants/fast food), so it is not a huge addition. Unfortunately, I'm covered in these categories. 

Gas: 5% rotating (Freedom/It/Dividend), 2% Amex BCE
Grocery: 3% Amex BCE
Restaurants/Fast Food: 5% USBank Cash+

So I selected Gas to give me the extra 1% over the BCE, but if you have BCP and Cash+, then this 3% would be useless to you. 

It's nice to know NFCU is trying though. They just improved their website and now they are rolling this out. Combine that with my highest CL and they will continue to stay in my wallet for years to come.

To avoid multiple threads covering the same topic, visit the thread with a better title and post there instead: 

NFCU Cashrewards now 3%

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU improving rewards

I got the email too. GoRewards has no ForEx fee though, unlike BCP/BCE. So, for anyone outside the US, the 3x Grocery with no ForEx could be a sweet deal. I signed up for it. This gives me a reason to use the card for something other than BTs.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 4
irvinfitness

To avoid multiple threads covering the same topic, post here instead: 

NFCU 3% Rewards

Message 3 of 4
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@irvinfitness wrote:

Just got an email from NFCU allowing me to select one category for 3% cash back from April-December of 2014 with the cashRewards card. 

Categories were not great (gas, grocery, restaurants/fast food), so it is not a huge addition. Unfortunately, I'm covered in these categories. 

Gas: 5% rotating (Freedom/It/Dividend), 2% Amex BCE
Grocery: 3% Amex BCE
Restaurants/Fast Food: 5% USBank Cash+

So I selected Gas to give me the extra 1% over the BCE, but if you have BCP and Cash+, then this 3% would be useless to you. 

It's nice to know NFCU is trying though. They just improved their website and now they are rolling this out. Combine that with my highest CL and they will continue to stay in my wallet for years to come.

To avoid multiple threads covering the same topic, visit the thread with a better title and post there instead: 

NFCU Cashrewards now 3%

that's great news....while I do use my Flagship Rewards for most all of my dining (business) it would be nice to get 3% cash back for use on my cash rewards card.  we eat out, probably far too often.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.