Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU is awesome!

tag
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

NFCU is awesome!

I am so excited because it seems that DH and I are back on NFCU's good graces! We have a CashRewards card with them w/ a CL of $10k! My DH was going to file BK and was told to stop making payments so he did. We didn't know that this card could not be included in the BK because I was a joint owner not just an AU. Anyhow NFCU closed our CC and we were even told by a CSR that if we wanted to have the card back we would have to reapply. Well no need because just this month we now have an available credit! DH called NFCU and they said yes that credit is available! I am so ecstatic to have that CC reporting open!!! The stories of NFCU being good and forgiving to members are very true and I am one of those lucky ones!!!

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU is awesome!

@Kennie02 wrote:

I am so excited because it seems that DH and I are back on NFCU's good graces! We have a CashRewards card with them w/ a CL of $10k! My DH was going to file BK and was told to stop making payments so he did. We didn't know that this card could not be included in the BK because I was a joint owner not just an AU. Anyhow NFCU closed our CC and we were even told by a CSR that if we wanted to have the card back we would have to reapply. Well no need because just this month we now have an available credit! DH called NFCU and they said yes that credit is available! I am so ecstatic to have that CC reporting open!!! The stories of NFCU being good and forgiving to members are very true and I am one of those lucky ones!!!

Congrats, I hope everything works out for you! I have only been with them for a few months now, but I'm absolutely thrilled to bank with them. I just love how generous and gracious they are and I hope to grow well with them over the years.

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 4
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.