Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU is going to give me a stroke/apping advice needed

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU is going to give me a stroke/apping advice needed

@hausfrau wrote:

HOLY CREDIT CARD, BATMAN! NFCU just gave us our first 'rebuild' card with a 10k limit. nRewards. NFCU, I owe you a beer!  THANK YOU to everyone on this forum who talked about this CU. I never would have known to go to them to start our rebuild process. 

Congrats... same thing happened to me!   My jaw dropped and I almost passed out when the Congratulations screen for $10,000 popped up!   I had to print it out to make sure it was real!  haha....  I love NFCU!

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 21 of 25
hausfrau
New Contributor

I went with the nRewards because from what I had read, it had high approval rates and good sized credit lines. And I'm very happy with this decision, lol.

Hubs checked today just in case they had said 1k instead of 10k and he just misunderstood LOL. Smiley Very Happy

Starting my rebuild!

Message 22 of 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@hausfrau wrote:
I went with the nRewards because from what I had read, it had high approval rates and good sized credit lines. And I'm very happy with this decision, lol.

Hubs checked today just in case they had said 1k instead of 10k and he just misunderstood LOL. Smiley Very Happy

I can relate to this...  I did the same thing for NFCU cashRewards approval back in 2012.. and most recently for the Amex approval on the business Lowes card.  I called the automated app status line probably a dozen times!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 23 of 25
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Lol I was like that with my Wells Fargo card when they gave me a $4000 limit.  I kept logging into my account in case they changed their mind.

I think my biggest reservation for applying is that I have read sometimes they as for income verification and that people have to drive there to give it to them.  I can verify my income, no problem, its just that I believe the closest branch is like an hour or two away. I dont want to drive that far lol.

Message 24 of 25
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Apparently I have poor self control, that and the constant bait floating around on these boards, because I just apped for the Cash Rewards Card.  Approved for 11500! Seems a bit like an odd number to me, but I will gladly take it.  Best limit to date, by a long shot.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.