cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU is posting Fico 9 (Equifax) Scores to your online accounts!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU is posting Fico 9 (Equifax) Scores to your online accounts!

@jdxprs1 wrote:
Mine is too new

Just give it a month or so, jdx. Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 129
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Under the terms right before enabling the FICO score, it states that the FICO 9 EQ score is the score used for CC products, but not necessarily for any of the other products. Now, whether they are using this exact score or taking this score and manipulating it is unknown at this point.  

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 32 of 129
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Thanks for mentioning this. And what do you know, I finally have a 800+ classic FICO score, too bad its FICO-9.

Or rather, I had such a score... I just applied for a few new credit cards and CLI attempts. Easy come, Easy go.

fico9.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 33 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ls2016 wrote:

Under the terms right before enabling the FICO score, it states that the FICO 9 EQ score is the score used for CC products, but not necessarily for any of the other products. Now, whether they are using this exact score or taking this score and manipulating it is unknown at this point.  

Good catch! That's why we need to read what we sign or accept. Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Thanks for mentioning this. And what do you know, I finally have a 800+ classic FICO score, too bad its FICO-9.

Or rather, I had such a score... I just applied for a few new credit cards and CLI attempts. Easy come, Easy go.

fico9.png

You're welcome, TMWC, and you have some awesome scores, there! Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this, weedeb! Mine came right up! Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 129
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Oh this post got me all excited, but I am unforunately too new.  I enabled it and got this:

FICO® Score

We are unable to display your FICO® credit score right now. For new credit card accounts, it can take up to two billing cycles for credit scores to appear.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 37 of 129
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks OP! I like these Fico 9 scores! lol

Message 38 of 129
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know if anyone else has seen or posted this, but you can view your Fico 9 credit score (Equifax) online, bi-monthly!Smiley Happy

Wow, thanks for that information.... I hadn't seen that. Just enabled it now.

Wonder if they're actually using that score for their account review process.

If so, it's good for me; the FICO "9" models are my best.

They use to be my worse when they first started  providing them on this site, now they are usually my best... weird.  In my case I suspect time heals more with Fico 9 then 8 or mortgage scores

My gut feeling is that 9 doesn't punish you as much for the 'newness' factors, i.e. inquiries, new accounts, age of oldest account, average age of accounts, most recent account.

The reason I feel that way is that my profile is entirely free of 'baddies', and the one negative in it is the 'newness' of everything. As you go back in time, among the FICO models, my scores generally get worse and worse, going as far down as 696 on EX FICO Bankcard 2. Meanwhile my 8's are 783 to 838 and my 9's are 813 to 838.

Exceptions to the rule that my 9's are better than my 8's are the TU Auto scores and Bankcard scores, where my 8's are a bit higher than my 9's.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 39 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool thanks for letting me know.  My FICO 9 score is 15 points higher than my FICO 8 score.  

Message 40 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.