cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU is posting Fico 9 (Equifax) Scores to your online accounts!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU is posting Fico 9 (Equifax) Scores to your online accounts!

@fedxboy wrote:

Oh this post got me all excited, but I am unforunately too new.  I enabled it and got this:

FICO® Score

We are unable to display your FICO® credit score right now. For new credit card accounts, it can take up to two billing cycles for credit scores to appear.

You'll have your score in no time! Was excited when I saw it this morning, too! Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Thanks OP! I like these Fico 9 scores! lol

Sure thing, Gmood! Fico 9 scores, for me, are 25 pts higher as an average! I like em, too! Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know if anyone else has seen or posted this, but you can view your Fico 9 credit score (Equifax) online, bi-monthly!Smiley Happy

Wow, thanks for that information.... I hadn't seen that. Just enabled it now.

Wonder if they're actually using that score for their account review process.

If so, it's good for me; the FICO "9" models are my best.

They use to be my worse when they first started  providing them on this site, now they are usually my best... weird.  In my case I suspect time heals more with Fico 9 then 8 or mortgage scores

My gut feeling is that 9 doesn't punish you as much for the 'newness' factors, i.e. inquiries, new accounts, age of oldest account, average age of accounts, most recent account.

The reason I feel that way is that my profile is entirely free of 'baddies', and the one negative in it is the 'newness' of everything. As you go back in time, among the FICO models, my scores generally get worse and worse, going as far down as 696 on EX FICO Bankcard 2. Meanwhile my 8's are 783 to 838 and my 9's are 813 to 838.

Exceptions to the rule that my 9's are better than my 8's are the TU Auto scores and Bankcard scores, where my 8's are a bit higher than my 9's.

I think you're right, SJ! This seems to be the case for my hubby and I! Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, frogman! I've seen others who's Fico 9 scores are a bit higher, me included! Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdxprs1 wrote:
But wouldn't the fico 9 be the score the are using as part of the equation to calculate their internal score?

jdx, I don't have the answer to your question, but I'm hoping that Fico 9 scores are good to you, and that your scores continue on an upward path!Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@prettylady wrote:

My Fico9 scores are terrible!  Smiley Mad

Prettylady, that's tough. I thought it would take at least a couple of years before Fico 9 scores would be used, and maybe, that will still be the case. If so, you'll have additional time to see your scores across the board rise. Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
Anyone know if this will be used now for new applications or it's just for the AR ?

I don't have an answer for you. We'll just have to wait and see if they go with this new scoring system. Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would have never noticed that. Thank you!

You are most welcome, ML! Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU moving to EQ Fico 9?

Hello.

Approved for cashrewards last month. Got nfcu internal score based on TU data(and the th hard pull). Long time lurker so I expected these and know nfcu uses eq(some EX) for AR and loans and such.

Today I logged in and under account summary I noticed a new option pop up. "My fixing score". I thought "awesome". So I enabled it and in disclosures it said it was eq fico 9 and " this score is used in credit card decisions" amongst other stuff. Didn't think to screen shot.

Wondering if anyone else has opted in or knows anything about this. I know some have had different pulls for new cards but tu seemed almost standard. Also wondering if it was just pertaining to anything that would happen in the future with my current account.

Thanks.
Message 59 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great....but is anybody else getting wonky "Key Factors Impacting your xx/xx/xx Fico Score" ??

My score is 838/850 yet it states "Time since delinquency is too recent or unknown." 

I do not have any lates. I even purchased a fresh Equifax report because of this. No lates. Ever. 

Message 60 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.