cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU is posting Fico 9 (Equifax) Scores to your online accounts!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU moving to EQ Fico 9?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, thanks for the heads up! It was on my accounts page as well, nice new link to my FICO 9. Confirmed value based on purchased fico scores. It is the straight score, not enhanced...

You are welcome, zipperhead! Nice addition - like those 9 scores! Smiley Happy

Message 81 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU is posting Fico 9 (Equifax) Scores to your online accounts!

@kevinjjc wrote:

OP, thanks for the heads up! Smiley Happy 847!! Smiley Very Happy

NFCU_FICO_2017-05-13.PNG

You're welcome, kevin! Can I borrow your credit scores? Smiley Wink 

Message 82 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal EQ Score

@UncleB wrote:

@mrldp40 wrote:

is bi-monthly every other month or twice a month? also this is wierd because navy always pulls TU on cc for me

That's a good question... by definition it can actually be either.

Something tells me in this case it will likely be every other month, though.  That's just speculation, of course.  Smiley Wink

+1  I took it as every other month, which is really a nice perk! I guess we'll know in about two weeks. Smiley Happy

Message 83 of 129
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know if anyone else has seen or posted this, but you can view your Fico 9 credit score (Equifax) online, bi-monthly!Smiley Happy

Wow, thanks for that information.... I hadn't seen that. Just enabled it now.

Wonder if they're actually using that score for their account review process.

If so, it's good for me; the FICO "9" models are my best.

They use to be my worse when they first started  providing them on this site, now they are usually my best... weird.  In my case I suspect time heals more with Fico 9 then 8 or mortgage scores

My gut feeling is that 9 doesn't punish you as much for the 'newness' factors, i.e. inquiries, new accounts, age of oldest account, average age of accounts, most recent account.

The reason I feel that way is that my profile is entirely free of 'baddies', and the one negative in it is the 'newness' of everything. As you go back in time, among the FICO models, my scores generally get worse and worse, going as far down as 696 on EX FICO Bankcard 2. Meanwhile my 8's are 783 to 838 and my 9's are 813 to 838.

Exceptions to the rule that my 9's are better than my 8's are the TU Auto scores and Bankcard scores, where my 8's are a bit higher than my 9's.

Hrm, actually when I racked up some inquiries in EX I was substantially down on EX FICO 9, 740 vs 780ish; it's back at 770 now but that was the only transient change to my credit report even if I don't track FICO 9 well enough to test it.

FICO 9 appears to have higher scoring severe derogatory scorecards; with older derogatories my FICO 8 and FICO 9 reason codes are identical for EX/EQ.

Lates get a little wierd though as they age: my 30D on TU - from 10/15

FICO 9: complains about a recent late

FICO 8: does not, going with the lesser missed payments one, and pretty certain I had that recent one previously which I have to go find again.

This is on my no severe derogatory scorecard, and it was flatly different in my ugly tax lien scorecard.

We just don't have good data around FICO 9 yet, I'm higher across the board though on FICO 9 though I apparently lost points with the tax lien's being excluded supporting my assertion one can score much higher with an identical ugly file on FICO 9 heh.

        
Message 84 of 129
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Harvey26 wrote:

So Navy Federal started giving free EQ 9 credit score and mine says the things that are impacting it are high balances which I know and this....

Time since delinquency is too recent or unknown

Missed and late payments, including the number of late payments, how late they were, and how recently they occurred, are important to FICO® Scores. Your score was impacted because the time since your most recent past due payment was too recent.

I have NEVER had any late payments or dreogs of any sort. Kind of scared me. Is there any reason why they would be saying that. 

It may or may not be an actual reason code, also the 838 poster, it's seriously unlikely you can hit that score with any late on your actual report so it is likely something awkward in the presentation.

Lates in reason codes from MF from FICO 9:

You recently missed a payment or had a derogatory indicator reported on your credit report (for a 30D from 10/2015)

You have one or more accounts showing missed payments or derogatory indicators. (from lates in 2010, different bureau with no 30D late on it haha).

"Time since lates blah blah" sound suspiciously like the interpretation we get on myFICO too, which should be ignored frankly when talking score analysis.

        
Message 85 of 129
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

We could use some regression testing to see how the various rules we assume we know with FICO 08 are now different with FICO 9. there has to be reasons why my score is so much higher , and others have lower scores on 9 versis 8...

Re-test everything! where are the guinea pigs!  Smiley Wink

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 86 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ 08 691 May 27, 2017
EQ 09 729 May 13, 2017
EQ NG 654 the last Penfed update

Only Baddy, July 2014, 60 day late Closed Auto Loan.

NFCU, please verify you use 09. Please. Gawd. Please.
Message 87 of 129
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU moving to EQ Fico 9?

My FICO 9 scores are all lower across the board, vs. my FICO 8 scores, which are all higher...I'm not sure exactly why though...

Message 88 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU now providing FICO 9 score

I enabled the feature and it says my score is 752.  This is considerably higher than my Equifax score on myFICO.  Which version is myFICO providing?

Message 89 of 129
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU now providing FICO 9 score

Cool.  FICO09 is my highest scores across the board.  11 months ago, my EQ09 was 741 and today it's 755.  Meanwhile, my EQ04 is 50 points lower.

Message 90 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.