Contributor
CraveMazda

NFCU - just a little caution

HI All. I've been reading about how great NFCU is and how they are BK friendly. Well I was just declined :smileysad: for a nRewards card. I've been a member since 1977 (folks opend the account for me) anyway I am trying to rebuild credit and at the time that I applied by EQ was 604. Granted I still have baddies I need to clean up but I was reading how great they were and understanding I figured I'd pull the trigger. In retrospect I wish I had just waited until April when by BK drops off. Just a little word of caution for those who are feeling hopeful and want to tempt fate...

Anyway it was a blow for me. I am so sad :smileysad: I try and try but still have so much to do.

2/17 TU 616 EQ 570 EZ 648

2/19 TU 616 EQ 605

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Re: NFCU - just a little caution

I'm sorry to hear about your denial. :smileysad:

But, it sounds like you're due for a big boost when your BK falls off in April. And, if you can make some headway with your other baddies in that time, you'll probably be in prime position for a good credit line with NFCU.

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: NFCU - just a little caution

Sorry to hear about it Crave. However, the silver lining is that in a couple months you should be able to get approved once the BK drops off.
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+