Contributor
jrodzmc09

Re: NFCU just graduated my secured card.

Yes! They are definitely unsecuring accounts at around the 12 month point. But they are doing it at their own discretion. I have had my NFCU 13 going on 14 months, but not unsecuring as of yet. I just recently about a month ago increased my CL from $500 to $1000. So that might of threw it off a bit. I called yesterday to persuade them to possibly graduate my card. Everything was fine, the CSR was very helpful. Figured it would make a cool 4th of July gift, she was even asking me what PC did I want now. Thought I was in the clear, then I got a little iffy and asked, "excuse me. This is not another application correct? Your just gonna PC to another card as a graduation gift correct?.. LOL! No sir! Did not get the answer I was looking for. She was sooo close to entering a HP on my credit! Anyways point of the story. YES! They do graduated! At least as of 4th of July. :smileyhappy:
USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Established Contributor
ktl72455

Re: NFCU just graduated my secured card.

I kknow this is a old thread but its a good one to keep updateing info on NFCU Secured cards since I am also at the point of going secured as a possible option to get another TL.

Do they report as secured or unsecured?

What is the max amount you can place on the secured card?

As of 3/21/13 do they still graduate you to unscured after 12mo?

12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)
1/15/14 TU 665 | EQ 648 | EX 655 ~Myfico scores
6/8/14 TU08 666 | EQ08 656 |EX08 655 } EQ04
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 950 Credit One 1000~Orchard Bank 2000~ Matrix 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18K~NFCU Cash Rewards signature| 5K
Last Negs to fall off: 2-Cap1 CO's PD (fall off 1/17)~Forclosure (fall off 1/16)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+