Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - membership requirements - Mother on Navy pension

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - membership requirements - Mother on Navy pension

Does anyone know if my mother would be eligible (and subseqently I am eligible) to join Navy Federal Credit Union?  My father was KIA in my mother is on Navy pension and is a miltary card carrying.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - membership requirements - Mother on Navy pension

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if my mother would be eligible (and subseqently I am eligible) to join Navy Federal Credit Union?  My father was KIA in my mother is on Navy pension and is a miltary card carrying.

I'm  very sorry about your father.  I've looked and can't find any information about survivor eligibility   Your best bet is to call NFCU.  They have very good CSRs and can give you guidance.  I wish you the best of luck.

Message 2 of 6
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about your father. We here salute your father for his service and sacrifice.

your mother's current, valid military card should be enough for her to be able to join NFCU and therefore you as well.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 3 of 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Very Sorry about your father.

Yes, she is eligible. The base ID card is all she needs as proof of eligibility.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the kind words.  I spoke to a CSR and they said we are eligible, there is a branch just a few miles away.  We will go in and join.  Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Many thanks for the kind words.  I spoke to a CSR and they said we are eligible, there is a branch just a few miles away.  We will go in and join.  Thanks again.

Fantastic.  It's a great credit union and if anyone deserves their benefits, it's your family.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.