Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nRewards - APPROVAL!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU nRewards - APPROVAL!!

I am SO excited, I just started repairing my credit less than 1 month ago and by getting some negative items deleted I was able to raise my score from 584 to 671 in just a few short weeks!  I am a member of NFCU and decided "what the heck!"  I'll just try applying to see if I can get an unsecured cc.  **I have NO open lines of credit, my most recent cc was closed in early 2009 and the highest limit I've ever had was $3,500**  and

I WAS APPROVED FOR $7,500!!!!!!!!!!   Smiley Very Happy

I was planning on getting a secured card with a $300 limit, LOL!

I couldn't be happier, 700 club here I come!!!

Thank you Fico forums!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
nickbrodie
Established Member

Re: NFCU nRewards - APPROVAL!!

That is great news!  Good for you...

TU Starting Score (09/23/10): 682 | EQ Starting Score (09/23/10): 697
TU Current Score (10/16/2010): 721 | EQ Current Score (10/16/2010): 735
TU & EQ Goal Score: 761

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

Awesome, congrats! 

Message 3 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 10
nene17
Established Member

Congrats!  I too just started repairing my credit and also just joined NFCU about 2 weeks ago.  I applied for the nRewards Visa and was approved for $3500.  This is the highest limit I've ever had so I'm treating this card like it's a piece of gold.  Hopefully after a little work and good history, I can get a CLI in about 6 months.  Loving NFCU right now!

Starting Score: 566 EQ, 599 TU 9/2010
Current Score: 675 EQ 07/2012, 675 TU 06/2012
Goal Score: 720+ 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to both of you.     Jen0583   and    nene17

Don't forget to keep up with your rewards pts expiration date ...  4 yrs!   if you don't use it, you will loose it.   So, plan well how you use your nRewards.

Message 6 of 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Congrats, Jen - feels good, eh?

But, don't stop there - apply for their Flagship VISA AND a NAVCHECK LOC. They might even use the same EQ pull.

It's all good with NFCU. Keep your acount in good standing - they are very good with CLI's.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cobra - Do you think I should apply for more?  I was very tempted to but I didn't want to rack up the inquiries or push my luck.   I am hoping to apply for a mortgage, probably through NFCU as well, in about 6 months.   I really have no use for credit (other than FICO scoring).  I will probably just charge $100 or less per month and pay it off immediately.   I'm just so used to never having credit so I've learned to cash flow everything, but I understand to play the FICO game you have to have lines of credit and I get that.

Message 8 of 10
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Wow, thats impressive!  Congrats.  I'm near 650s and should see a slight jump soon.  I'm starting to question if i should join a Credit Union.

Do you use the CU for any major accounts?  Or just a small savings?

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Brandon - I've had my regular checking account and savings account there since 2005.  I also had a car loan from 2006 that was recently paid off.   This is the first time I've applied for any of their credit products.   Hopefully soon I can get my mortgage through them as well.  Good luck to you!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.