Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU navcheck debacle/pull info

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

NFCU navcheck debacle/pull info

Soooo 2 weeks ago I joined and was instantly approved for a 17.5k cashrewards visa.  Last week I called to apply for a navcheck line. The nice lady said its available in increments of $500 up to 15k.  So I said "lets go for the full 15."

She excitedly told me I was instantly approved and documents to sign will arrive in 5-7 days

Today they came and I ripped it open only to see my limit was 15 HUNDRED!

I called and explained there was an obvious miscommunication as I never would have taken the hard pull and new line just to apply for 1,500

They eere very nice and cancelled out that one and resubmitted to whomever reviews with an explanation of what happened.  She did confirm that if you apply for the same product within 30 days of the initial HP, they wont repull.

Now I sit and anxiously and nervously await a text/call with a decision Smiley Sad  drats

wish me luck.....I hope its enough to justify the HP and new line

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU navcheck debacle/pull info

Wow, miscommunication for sure, good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
BQQKWORM
Established Member

Wow!  Someone dropped a zero!!

Message 3 of 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@peepers wrote:

Soooo 2 weeks ago I joined and was instantly approved for a 17.5k cashrewards visa.  Last week I called to apply for a navcheck line. The nice lady said its available in increments of $500 up to 15k.  So I said "lets go for the full 15."

She excitedly told me I was instantly approved and documents to sign will arrive in 5-7 days

I called and explained there was an obvious miscommunication as I never would have taken the hard pull and new line just to apply for 1,500

They eere very nice and cancelled out that one and resubmitted to whomever reviews with an explanation of what happened.  She did confirm that if you apply for the same product within 30 days of the initial HP, they wont repull.

Now I sit and anxiously and nervously await a text/call with a decision Smiley Sad  drats

The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@peepers wrote:

This is the #1 reason I don't like to do by phone what I can do myself online so less people to make errors.

im sure it will be no issue op though

Message 5 of 8
peepers
Frequent Contributor

I got the call that its conditionally approved, just send 2 paystubs and bank statement. No prob. BUT THEY HARD PULLED ME AGAIN!!!!! I just got the credit watch notice and sure as %&$% there it is.....TU and todays date. I am LIVID
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 6 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

When I first read your post saying they would use the same HP I was skeptical. NFCU is HP happy! Congrats on the approval though!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 8
peepers
Frequent Contributor

you were right, they are pull happy. I called.....again.....and she spoke with that department and came back and said that they wont re-pull from same bureau, and if they feel compelled can pull ANOTHER BUREAU. So they ran EQ last week, TU this time. I assume its because its for $15,000. Im just bummed because had the CSR not made that mistake last week, this wouldn't be happening to begin with. The reason I couldn't do it online, is because I have zero housing expense (I live in house husband bought long before me and Im not on loan). It wont let you put zero. I didn't want to fudge anything, or raise a flag, and called to explain. She said with this circumstance, my app had to be taken manually over phone and she can note why I have zero. My husband and I want to begin the mortgage process next January, and I really hope these 4 NFCU pulls in 2 weeks time don't come back to haunt me

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.