Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU new Cash Rewards Card! Much Love..

tag
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

NFCU new Cash Rewards Card! Much Love..

Last week I got a pre-approved offer from NFCU for the cash rewards card, I already have two auto loans a line of credit (almost maxed) and a nrewards card(almost maxed out) and I have been declined twice in the past two years for an additional card. I read the fine print, say I was approved , unkless something changed in my recent credit. My FICO score has been hovering around 655 for about two years, I can never seem to break the 700 club. My payment history for the past 5 years have been flawless, the only  negs still on my reports are a Crap One and a HSBC charge off that are both due to fall off near summer. I really don't need anymore credit, but the 2.99% balance trasfer was inticing and I figured I could transfer my Chase balances (about 2500) and hopefully pay them off at a much better pace. So i pulled the trigger and applied, the next day I saw the approval notice- but no credit limit. The following day I checked- $6,000 !! my highest card to date- beating my nrewards card by 2k.

Four years ago my credit was so horrible I got turned down for in-house financing at Ashley Furniture- talk about embarrassing. I decided that day to take control of my credit. I could not get a credit card anywhere. I read these forums and started a game plan.

Save $1,000 and opened a secured credit card with the credit union. Use it regularly, and pay it off in full every month. After a year it went unsecured, six more months of ontime payments and then I asked for a CLI.  It was that simple step and these message boards that have changed my life. I am still hoping to hit that 700 club by the end of the year. Just remember patience and on time payments the rest will follow.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU new Cash Rewards Card! Much Love..

Grats Smiley Happy Its a nice card!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card! NFCU rocks! Smiley Happy

@moondog7324 wrote:

Last week I got a pre-approved offer from NFCU for the cash rewards card, I already have two auto loans a line of credit (almost maxed) and a nrewards card(almost maxed out) and I have been declined twice in the past two years for an additional card. I read the fine print, say I was approved , unkless something changed in my recent credit. My FICO score has been hovering around 655 for about two years, I can never seem to break the 700 club. My payment history for the past 5 years have been flawless, the only  negs still on my reports are a Crap One and a HSBC charge off that are both due to fall off near summer. I really don't need anymore credit, but the 2.99% balance trasfer was inticing and I figured I could transfer my Chase balances (about 2500) and hopefully pay them off at a much better pace. So i pulled the trigger and applied, the next day I saw the approval notice- but no credit limit. The following day I checked- $6,000 !! my highest card to date- beating my nrewards card by 2k. 

I'm sure you already know this, but take care not to run up any additional debt that you can't PIF. You mentioned a few maxed out credit lines with NFCU, and wanting to make good use of the 2.99% BT offer that they have going now, to knock-off your Chase balances. It's a good financial move if it'll save you money, and help you pay more, and faster. I'll bet if you get your utilization below 10%, you'll be in the 700 Club by early summer!

Message 3 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats..

Message 4 of 6
monicar2009
New Contributor

I dont mean to hijack. But since this is a current nfcu thread, when does the company report to the credit agencies? My statement cut already for the first time a few days ago and theres nothing on myfico.

Thank you for your time

Message 5 of 6
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Mine was like 30-45 days late posting after I was approved; however, they've posted on time and like clockwork since...

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.