Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU new credit

tag
earena
Contributor

NFCU new credit

I just got approved for $8200 and I want to ask for $10000. I sent a secired message and they came back and told me I need to go online and request an increase once my card shows on my account. Will this be included in the initial HP? Is this the best way to do it? THANKS!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU new credit

If you see a 3 - 5 days message, CALL them right away and tell them you no longer want the CLI or they will HP you. If not, it's a SP.
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@earena wrote:

I just got approved for $8200 and I want to ask for $10000. I sent a secired message and they came back and told me I need to go online and request an increase once my card shows on my account. Will this be included in the initial HP? Is this the best way to do it? THANKS!

The secure message to reconsider the CLI is usually the way you do it so clearly you got someone that didn't want to pass it on or didn't know!.

I would not go online and request a CLI through the button until the account is 3 statements old.

Message 3 of 10
earena
Contributor

If I applied for a CLOC would it be a new hard pull? Or would they do a SP:
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@earena wrote:

Another HP.  Assume that NFCU will do an HP for any product you apply for.

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@earena wrote:

HP always with CLOC

Message 6 of 10
earena
Contributor

Ok. I have just been reading that sometimes they do a soft pull. I've read that you should apply for the CLOC right after you apply for the credit card and thought that was why. I just haven't figured out the logistics of predicting when it's a SP or HP.
Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sp is only for credit card cli possibly every 2 months after1st of month and one should only request for first one after 3 statements and an ar usually
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are very quick to use the HP button. They punched it before I could call and cancel, 1 minute from the 3-5 day message. Recommend having them on hold before trying for a CLI
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.