Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nrewards approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU nrewards approval

Hi everyone. This is my first post but I am no stranger to the forum. I have learned so much incredible and valuable information on this board and I would like to thank all of you for sharing your ups and downs through this credit repair process because we all benefit from it. I started out in the low 400's and now my scores range in the 600's. I still have a lot of work ahead of me but I know that it can be done if I work hard at it. On to the good news. I have been working hard to clear my reports of all the baddies but have been mainly focusing on Equifax since it had the less amount of negative information. Well that hard work paid off and I only have 2 negative accounts left (started with 11 negative accounts) both are due to fall of next year 1 in March and 1 in November. I just recently joined NFCU and read how many people were having great luck with them and I finally talked myself into applying. I am so glad I did. I was approved for a credit line of $2500.00. Not a big limit but when I look back from where I was this is truly a stepping stone. Thanks to all of you!

happyandgrateful

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU nrewards approval

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

happyandgrateful:

Will you share how you applied for the NFCU credit & if they did a hard or soft pull of your reports?

thanks

Message 3 of 9
MYBEST
New Contributor

!! Re: NFCU nrewards approval

I'am happy for you!!  

Congrats on the approval!

EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

happyandgrateful:

Will you share how you applied for the NFCU credit & if they did a hard or soft pull of your reports?

thanks

you would have to be eligible through military ties.

any application for credit is going to be a hard pull unless your using one of the pre-approval sites some banks offer, you can get offer through soft, but once you click apply, it will be a hard

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations OP!   Once you establish the good history on your nRewrds, go ahead to apply for cashRewards if you wish.  

I had nRewards first, then got cashRewards because of the rewards program is better than nRewards.   I tried to combine the nRewards to cashRewards, they said NO due to the different programs and APRs.   Since I use my other cc mainly, I use those ccs once in a while to keep the accts active.

Anyway, take a good care of your nRewards!  

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I am very excited about building my credit. RCE2303 to answer your question I found out about NFCU opening there membership to Army and decided to apply. I did my application over the phone and the csr was so nice and pleasant through the whole application. I thought USAA csr's was the best but I think NFCU csr's are just as good. Anyway, I pulled my equifax and tu ficos and saw that only 2 baddies were left on Equifax and they are both due to fall off in 2011. I battled with myself on whether or not I was going to apply for nrewards and thought well you only live once and the worst they could do is deny me and I will just open a secured card. To my excitement I was approved for $2500.00. My TU is 618 and EQ is 652 not sure about EX. They pulled EQ for me and I live in Louisiana. My oldest and only account is Macys $800.00 opened in 2007. One of the factors for my low scores with EQ and TU is not having any open revolving accounts. I am hoping once this tradeline reports that I will see an increase in scores. Do you all think that I should open another account to help UTI since Macy's is no longer helping in that area and should I leave a balance on this card being its my only revolving TL. Thanks in advance.

happyandgrateful  

Message 7 of 9
techman2008
New Contributor

Way to Go happyandgrateful.   CU are usually the best csr.  

Starting Score: TU 797 EQ 798 EX 774 10/26/2008
Current Score: TU 787 EQ 784 EX ??? 09/19/2010
Goal Score: 790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone! I am very excited about building my credit. RCE2303 to answer your question I found out about NFCU opening there membership to Army and decided to apply. I did my application over the phone and the csr was so nice and pleasant through the whole application. I thought USAA csr's was the best but I think NFCU csr's are just as good. Anyway, I pulled my equifax and tu ficos and saw that only 2 baddies were left on Equifax and they are both due to fall off in 2011. I battled with myself on whether or not I was going to apply for nrewards and thought well you only live once and the worst they could do is deny me and I will just open a secured card. To my excitement I was approved for $2500.00. My TU is 618 and EQ is 652 not sure about EX. They pulled EQ for me and I live in Louisiana. My oldest and only account is Macys $800.00 opened in 2007. One of the factors for my low scores with EQ and TU is not having any open revolving accounts. I am hoping once this tradeline reports that I will see an increase in scores. Do you all think that I should open another account to help UTI since Macy's is no longer helping in that area and should I leave a balance on this card being its my only revolving TL. Thanks in advance.

happyandgrateful  

Are you saying you are using your Macy's card, but they are not reporting?  Call and ask them why they are not reporting your account information.  

In the other hand, if you ar not using your Macy's card, you must use it even with small amount of charge monthly to get it to report.

Example:

I have Amex Blue.  I used to use this card monthly , but later stop using it for a litlle while.  Guess what happend ...  Amex stoped reporting my account inforamtion, then my score has went down due to the util has changed.  So I talked to Amex CSR and they told me that I must use my card once a month to get it to report.   Now, I am charging with few dollars a month and PIF before closing date.   And Amex is reporting my account information.   Happy End!

Are you thinking about to get another CC?   If so, I think it is good idea to apply now.  Just make sure choose the light one.

Anybody ... any advice? 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.