Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU odds

tag
creditsupergirl

NFCU odds

Hello!

Just received my access number and am very excited! Would a EQ FICO of 553 be advisable to apply for a NFCUcash rewards for such a new member?

Advice greatly appreciated. Only other TL are Nordstrom store and Fingerhut fresh start.Multiple baddies-ages 09-13. Some are paid. New Discover secured not yet showing on CR.Thank you!

ac-bene-small-ac-card.png
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU odds

you can read many posts/topics on here where people have great success with lower credit scores, and higher limits.  I applied immediately after just opening my account and got 25k limit, also apply for the 15k NavCheck (they may counter offer an amount) line of credit, as it will help your ult %

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 2 of 13
creditsupergirl

Thank you! I will go do my research Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
jeffgucci
Valued Member

I would say NFCU is def a good place and very generous with lower scores, but if I were you I would clean up what you can on your bureau and show some good history on all the cards you current have. get you util in line and pull the trigger....

Starting Score: 594 11/2010
Current Score: 5/14/2014 My Fico EX 675 TU 651 EQ 665
Goal Score: 850 (I'm coming)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

They will probably start you with $1,000 on the CashRewards, the other card, Flagship begins with $5,000.  They also take into consideration your yearly income.

Message 5 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Don't blow the inquiry until you have a bit of positive history behind you.

Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Any other lender I would say no but with Navy I would say apply... if you get denied, I would 110% suggest you apply and get the secured card.

Message 7 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

May be better to hold off and see how the Discover card affects your scores. Clean up what you can and then apply.. but that's just me. Give yourself the best chance you can.. even if it is with NFCU...
Message 8 of 13
creditsupergirl

Thank you for all of the feedback! I am looking to apply for the secured sometime this week and use that to build a little more! Great suggestions and much appreciated!

Message 9 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@creditsupergirl wrote:

Thank you for all of the feedback! I am looking to apply for the secured sometime this week and use that to build a little more! Great suggestions and much appreciated!

with navy always apply for unsecured first and then if denied get secured because many are always shocked to end up with unsecured when they do that first. id suggest gorewards because i think it counters secured automatically if you can't get unsecured.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.