Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU once again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU once again

Well, I had put a post about my daughter previously.  She is 21, with degree, great job at $35k, single, no debt, low expenses, owns car, etc.  She is an AU on a couple of my cards. 

She app'ed CapOne a couple months ago and got her first individual card with a $1k CL.  Good for her!

I recommended she join NFCU and see what they could do for her.  Well she app'ed the Platinum Visa and was INSTANT approved for $8000 at 7.9% fixed.

So, she went ahead and applied for the Platinum MasterCard and got the 3-5 day message.  Today she got a phone call asking for her most recent paystub to be faxed in. 

My experience with NFCU is usually if they ask for verification they are going to approve.....so, it looks like she might have both the Visa and MC with NFCU.  I'll update once she finds out.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU once again

Sounds like she will get it. For me I find one card per issuer to be sufficient. I think your daughter's father is a bad influence. LOL.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU once again

With NFCU I don't mind having a couple.  Otherwise, I spread out pretty good to avoid any one issuer being able to disrupt my credit too substantially.

However, with NFCU giving such CL's, this provides a good platform for her future.  There are various cards or account types which require having a current CL of a certain high level.

Also, i have found that many issuers seem to base their CL decisions partially based upon the CL's of past/present accounts (and their historical management) and don't usually issue much higher than what you all ready have....not always the case, but seems to be fairly common too.

My daughter is an AU on one of my $10k accounts (BoA), so this will give her an individual account (maybe 2) that are in that neighborhood.

She has the discipline, knowledge, education, income and mindset necessary to manage the credit.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.