Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU only for military?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

NFCU only for military?

Is this bank exclusively for military personel and their family or can anyone apply for the app?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU only for military?

Navy Fed is a CU that extends membership to several others other than military. There are several threads about eligibilty already out - so in effort not to duplicate, plug that topic into search. If you find that you have the opportunity to join, they offer great service and treat their members well. Good luck Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 17
Karunch
Contributor

NFCU has an eligigibility checklist available on their website to check membership criteria.

NFCU Eligibility Checklist

Message 3 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

There is no backdoor to nfcu.  It is designed to serve active military and retires and family.  Ome other categories are allowed.  However attractiveness of nfcu has people going to great lengths for eligibility.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 17
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

There is no backdoor to nfcu.  It is designed to serve active military and retires and family.  Ome other categories are allowed.  However attractiveness of nfcu has people going to great lengths for eligibility.

Backdoor = ROOMMATE   Smiley Happy

Very simple.  Get a roommate that is eligible for NFCU and have him/her put one of your bills in their name.  You can join with them as your sponsor.  I'll be doing this in October.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 17
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Very simple.  Get a roommate that is eligible for NFCU and have him/her put one of your bills in their name.  You can join with them as your sponsor.  I'll be doing this in October.

Nice.My brother-inlaw is ex navy I'll get him to sponsor me.

Goal 750 Across

Message 6 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Remember only active duty and retirees and not veterans are eligible.  However if your brother in law joined while he was active, he can sponsor you although maybe have your sister join first.

Message 7 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Haahaa.  That is a small backdoor.

Message 8 of 17
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 9 of 17
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Remember only active duty and retirees and not veterans are eligible.  However if your brother in law joined while he was active, he can sponsor you although maybe have your sister join first.

Thanks.Was just on the phone with NFCU and they gave me the road map in.

Goal 750 Across

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.