Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU possible AA help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU possible AA help

Hi,

So my Dad just got approved a week ago for an NFCU card with a 15.5k SL we sent two balance transfers through it. As of now it's showing that one was sent. But now when we login we see this:

Current Balance $0.00
Pending Transactions $0.00
Minimum Payment Due
Credit Limit
Increase My Credit Limit $0.00
Available Credit
N/A
Last Statement Balance
$0.00
Last Payment Amount
(On N/A) $0.00

For CL and Available Credit it now shows $0 and N/A

Has anyone had this happen?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU possible AA help

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

So my Dad just got approved a week ago for an NFCU card with a 15.5k SL we sent two balance transfers through it. As of now it's showing that one was sent. But now when we login we see this:

Current Balance $0.00
Pending Transactions $0.00
Minimum Payment Due
Credit Limit
Increase My Credit Limit $0.00
Available Credit
N/A
Last Statement Balance
$0.00
Last Payment Amount
(On N/A) $0.00

For CL and Available Credit it now shows $0 and N/A

Has anyone had this happen?

Yes.  Every Saturday at about this time.  Their systems are down for routine maintenance  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 12
2NE1
Established Contributor

Their online system is currently having issues. I can't see my CC info either, everything shows $0 and N/A. Just keep refreshing it or log back in tomorrow.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay wow I was completely freaked out because of this. So you don't think it's an AA? I've checked email and messages but nothing.
Message 4 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay wow I was completely freaked out because of this. So you don't think it's an AA? I've checked email and messages but nothing.

No, unless we're all getting AA'd at exactly the same time you're fine.  Smiley Wink

LOL... the title of this thread is guaranteed to get some attention.  Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe we are! Lol jk thank you for the reassurance Smiley Happy

I was wondering also because when applying he requested a BT for his Amex then 3 days later requested the BT for Chase . As of now it shows the Chase as fully processed but nothing for Amex which seemed like a red flag for me.
Message 6 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe we are! Lol jk thank you for the reassurance Smiley Happy

I was wondering also because when applying he requested a BT for his Amex then 3 days later requested the BT for Chase . As of now it shows the Chase as fully processed but nothing for Amex which seemed like a red flag for me.

That doesn't sound like an AA issue to me, or else they would have honored the first BT and not the second one... if I'm understanding correctly, your father's case is exactly the opposite.  

If it were me, I would drop them a SM to check on the status of the first BT request... that way you/he won't have to speculate.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to but he's walking on ice.

Through some miracle he got a 15k CL with a 640 FICO score. I think it's because he had an account already and they based their decision on a prior SP (about a month or 2 earlier scores were 716-720) none of the 3 CB's shows a HP. So I don't want them looking deeper unless his scores go back up. You know?
Message 8 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I want to but he's walking on ice.

Through some miracle he got a 15k CL with a 640 FICO score. I think it's because he had an account already and they based their decision on a prior SP (about a month or 2 earlier scores were 716-720) none of the 3 CB's shows a HP. So I don't want them looking deeper unless his scores go back up. You know?

Eh... I still think your/his concerns are unfounded.  If we were talking about Chase that would be a whole 'nother story, of course, but this is NFCU; your father is approved - and they've already processed one BT request - so I believe the chances of retroactive AA are quite slim.  Actually, I don't recall reading a single case of that happening with a NFCU account.

You/he have to do what you are comfortable with, of course.  The downside of that is that there's no way to know for certain what's going on without reaching out to them, so without making contact you're really in the dark... you'll just have to wait and see.  

Note:  High SLs with modest scores aren't miraculous with NFCU... it's actually quite common.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 12
nrm
Frequent Contributor

But high scores, low SL is really a miracle with NFCU. I happened to be granted that miracle. Scores were all in the 780 across all three boards, $2,000.00 SL Cashrewards card.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.