Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU product change snafu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU product change snafu

Hey everyone! Backstory...

I was declined for a Cash Rewards card from NavyFed, fast foward a month and I was then approved for the nRewards at a CL of $10,000 which is pretty sweet for me. Fast forward to a month ago and I successfully PC'd the nRewards to a Cash Rewards, no sweat, 2 minute phone call. Made sure the rep knew that I wanted a signature version and the chip version if available, he said "Yes sir, no problem whatsoever"

I received a non signature, non chip cash rewards card in the mail about a week after that. I figured no big deal, it still spends the same, however when checking my rewards points (I pay for darn near EVERYTHING with this card, then PIF) it was showing up as rewards points like I still have the nRewards card. I called in, spoke to a great rep as always and let them know about the points weirdness, was assured everything would be A-OK. A week after that I received a nRewards card in the mail with a chip, I was like **bleep**!?? I checked my online account, looked at my card and it was reverted back to an nRewards card. I just kind of laughed a bit to myself as I was thinking "do I dare call again?"

Well, I called once again and spoke to a great rep who apologized profusely for the mistake and assured me he will take care of everything for me and not to worry. I let him know that I would like the Cash Reward card, signature, and with a chip. Last week I get my card in the mail...slowly opened it now knowing what I will find...see that it is green...that's a good sign...see the signature...nice...non chip...ahh well, close enough - haa!

Worst part of the story is that I lost all of my rewards points because they were "officially" nRewards points because the system screwed me up. Not exactly sure where I am going with this, just thought I should share.

Still LOVE Navy Fed and will bank with them as long as they will have me!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU product change snafu

Glad everything was fixed. I use SM for things like this. They literally can't mess it up since everything is written down for them as opposed to a CSR trying to remember what was said and requested. 

Edit add - I believe if you log on and click your cash rewards card, there should be a lil note above your balance saying "upgrade to a chip card".

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the tip! that's awesome

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

well crap, it says "This card has already been upgraded to chip technology" I think I'll take your advice and send a SM and see if they can get me straightened out. Love the folks on this board!

Message 4 of 5
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well crap, it says "This card has already been upgraded to chip technology" I think I'll take your advice and send a SM and see if they can get me straightened out. Love the folks on this board!

Yeah that's odd that it says it's been upgraded but your card doesn't have a chip. Who knows, maybe it's already in the mail Smiley Happy

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.