Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU putting me under the microscope

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU putting me under the microscope

I app'ed for the cash reward Visa and was approved on the 7th.  When I called in to find out the initial CL, the Loan CSR encouraged me to apply for the NavCheck.  So I went ahead and did app for the NavCheck (Thursday the 7th).  The online app status comments said the application status was "Review in Process" and that the approval decision "will be made within 24 hours unless additional information is needed."  This app resulted in another hard pull on Thursday the 7th (had one previously from the Visa).

The next day (Friday) they called my work to verify employment, income, date of hire and position.  No problem, they got the info they asked for, which did match my application.

Then they hard pulled EQ again after they called my work, on Friday the 8th.  They had all ready pulled it on Thursday with the app. 

Now Monday and Tuesday have come and gone...status still shows "Review in Process" with no further comments.

Net result:  2 hard pulls for this one app (3 total with my Visa).  They called employer for verifications.  Still have not made a decision.  Intersting to see how this one comes out after this much time.   Smiley Happy   

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-12-2009 05:06 PM
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU putting me under the microscope

Hiya txjohn! From everything I've read on here, as well as my personal experiences with NFCU (best CU ever), if they called your employer, you're approved.

Usually they just outright deny if they're planning on denying. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Hiya txjohn! From everything I've read on here, as well as my personal experiences with NFCU (best CU ever), if they called your employer, you're approved.

Usually they just outright deny if they're planning on denying. 

That was my guess-timate.  I was just surprised to have 2 hard pulls from this one app in addition to the verifications and now 4 business days without any comment.  I guess they are just taking their sweet time.

But I do wish they hadn't double whammied the inquiry....what did they think might change in 24 hours?

What did change is that my score dropped 5 points due to their additional hard pull.

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-12-2009 05:56 PM
Message 3 of 30
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I'm pull adverse now. I would not be crazy about a hard for the Navcheck especially in the light in which you applied for it. If the inquiries mean anything to you you might ask an analyst to recode the extra inqs as soft rather than hards. One for all would have been enuf. What was the point of the extra hits on your report?
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
I'm pull adverse now. I would not be crazy about a hard for the Navcheck especially in the light in which you applied for it. If the inquiries mean anything to you you might ask an analyst to recode the extra inqs as soft rather than hards. One for all would have been enuf. What was the point of the extra hits on your report?

My thoughts exactly.  3 pulls in 1 week.  The only thing that changed....the number of NFCU inquiries.
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ran my EQ MyFico.  I had 3 inquiries on my EQ report, 2 of which were from the same CU on the same day.  However, my Fico Score Summary only indicated 2 inquiries.  My guess, for scoring purposes, 2 inquiries from same creditor on same day = 1 inquiry.  Hopefully, the 3 pulls in 1 week from same NFCU will constitute only 1 inquiry for scoring purposes.
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just ran my EQ MyFico.  I had 3 inquiries on my EQ report, 2 of which were from the same CU on the same day.  However, my Fico Score Summary only indicated 2 inquiries.  My guess, for scoring purposes, 2 inquiries from same creditor on same day = 1 inquiry.  Hopefully, the 3 pulls in 1 week from same NFCU will constitute only 1 inquiry for scoring purposes.

Not for me, I am getting hit for all.  Got the ScoreWatch alert of a score change after the last pull...dropped 5 points.
Message Edited by txjohn on 05-12-2009 06:16 PM
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW, I had Barclay bank report two inquiries on same day on Experian. After no success with Barclay removing inquiry, I called Experian.  CSR went through the speech about they're only reporting the inquiry as a matter of record, blah, blah, blah, she finally said I'll remove it this one time.  I checked my report 5 minutes later and one of the inquiries was removed.  Give it a try.
Message 8 of 30
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
BTW, I had Barclay bank report two inquiries on same day on Experian. After no success with Barclay removing inquiry, I called Experian.  CSR went through the speech about they're only reporting the inquiry as a matter of record, blah, blah, blah, she finally said I'll remove it this one time.  I checked my report 5 minutes later and one of the inquiries was removed.  Give it a try.

I would call NFCU. Unless I misunderstood you are saying to call EQ? NFCU might not take too kindly to that. 

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My inquiries were not on the same day.  They were more than 24 hours apart.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.