Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU question

So I opened NFCU in 2009 and had a 1k limit on nRewards card. Well it CO in 2011 and I paid the settlement in 2012/early 2013. Now if I re-opened my checking account them, do you think they would allow me to try again with their credit cards? I have USAA currently as a bank and use alot of USAA's products. I love NFCU but I was young and dumb and now I want to go back to a good credit union Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Septrosh
New Contributor

Re: NFCU question

I would tell you to give it a shot. My mom (who was my sponsor for NFCU) ran into a similar situation with one of her credit cards through them AND her checking account. Approx 5 years later she paid off the past debt. She started with a checking account again, got a $500 personal loan through them and paid it off in 6mo to rebuild her credit worthiness with them again and now has 2 high CL cards with NFCU. That's my personal experience with this scenario. Others may have different advice. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.