Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU "Important Information about Your Credit Card"

tag
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

NFCU "Important Information about Your Credit Card"

Logged into account this morning and had a NEW MESSAGE.  Anyone else receive this message, wondering if it's standard for all members or account specific ...

Important Information about Your Credit Card

To emphasize the security interest in your Navy Federal Credit Union Credit Card Agreement and Disclosure, the following language is being added to Section 5:

Security Interest Specific for Credit Cards. I/We acknowledge and pledge, specifically as a condition of my/our use of the credit card, that I/we have voluntarily granted NFCU a security interest in all of my/our individual and joint share accounts at NFCU. If my/our credit card loan becomes delinquent, this security interest may be used without further notice to pay all or part of such delinquency. This security interest does not apply to shares in an Individual Retirement Account (IRA).

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU "Important Information about Your Credit Card"

Is yours a secured card?

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 2 of 15
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

I got the same message; I'll be calling NFCU to get crystal-clear clarification.

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 3 of 15
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

No, it's an unsecured CashRewards, $12.5k CL, using about $3,000 right now.

Message 4 of 15
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Digitaldiva - when you get a chance, will you post any info you find out from NFCU.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 15
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I got the same message too.

It basically means that if you have a savings account or a checking account with funds available in it, should your credit card or loan payments become deliquent they will use money from your available NFCU bank account balances to offset the deliquent payment amount without notifying you of their intent to do so. And indeed they do. I can attest to this because 9 years ago when I had a vehicle loan with them and it became late/delinquent (gosh I hate that word), the instance money was deposited into my checking account, they sucked it right out to take care of that past due amount.

I suppose this message was sent out to cardholders because the agreement did not specifically state they'd do this so to clear up any confusion they sent it out as a "blast fax/message" of sorts to all customers that have a credit account with them.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 15
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I received the same message last night and it had me worried that they would hold all my funds so I started looking up their credit card disclosures and that paragraph was also added to that (along with the info about signature visas being issued for limits of $5000 or more) so I felt better. At first I thought it was directed at me..lol and my unsecured was going to be turned into some secured card.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 7 of 15
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Good info - thanks guys!  Very glad to hear I'm not only one to receive this message.

Message 8 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

Had the same message in my inbox.

Thanks for the clarification guys

Message 9 of 15
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Just logged in and I have it too.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.