Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU rocks!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU rocks!

On the Cashrewards visa I app'd one day checked status next day under "other services" and was amazed when it said approved for 18000. Next day I did the LOC app online one day, next morning they wanted our paystubs, faxed them in and called a few hours later and they said it was approved.  Just have to wait on snail mail now to sign papers and send back. So the turnaround on these app's was fairly quick IMO. I dont have a mortgage but I do have a 5 month old auto loan. My score was EQ 688 at time of apps. Best of luck with your CC and LOC.
Message 11 of 15
rom828
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
On the Cashrewards visa I app'd one day checked status next day under "other services" and was amazed when it said approved for 18000. Next day I did the LOC app online one day, next morning they wanted our paystubs, faxed them in and called a few hours later and they said it was approved.  Just have to wait on snail mail now to sign papers and send back. So the turnaround on these app's was fairly quick IMO. I dont have a mortgage but I do have a 5 month old auto loan. My score was EQ 688 at time of apps. Best of luck with your CC and LOC.

Just heard back on my other thread and 'virgo' said the same...that they're pretty quick.  Good...'cause I'm a nervous wreck waiting!!Smiley Very Happy

I'm not on line with them yet.  Tried to register using my membership #  (and figuring I could use the numbers shown on deposit slips for savings and checking, but got msg that advised need to wait for info on my accts (?). 

I assume they send something in the mail that tells you how to access on line.

I hope they'll be sending me something that tells me I'm approved for what I apped!!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rom828 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just heard back on my other thread and 'virgo' said the same...that they're pretty quick.  Good...'cause I'm a nervous wreck waiting!!Smiley Very Happy

I'm not on line with them yet.  Tried to register using my membership #  (and figuring I could use the numbers shown on deposit slips for savings and checking, but got msg that advised need to wait for info on my accts (?). 

I assume they send something in the mail that tells you how to access on line.

I hope they'll be sending me something that tells me I'm approved for what I apped!!!

You will get a letter in the email which contains a tempory code so that you can login.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Chris!

Isn't NFCU the best!  I joined last week and applied for the Platinum Visa this week.  I was approved for $20,000 @ 7.9% fixed, double my next highest CL.

I have applied for NAV $15,000 last night and am waiting for reply.

I had to fax paystubs for CC.

Good luck on NAV!

Message 14 of 15
rom828
Established Contributor

Just a quick update.  Got approved for $1000 LOC.  Somewhat lower than I'd hoped for, but we don't have any immediate plans for it anyway (we'd actually not even planned on applying--offered at branch). 

When I called to check on status of checks and debit card  and such, was advised of this LOC approval.  Asked about status of CC app and was advised they didn't have one for us  on file!!   Not sure what happened as we applied at branch, but almost just as well since branch rep was submitting as 'joint' and we prefer separate cards.

Also didn't have us down for debit cards so I took care of that on phone also.  Well, actually,  was advised DH has to personally  call in for his,  so I got mine,  and was also advised  DH has to open savings in his own name to get a CC.  I'd called in  for our initial membership and then we went to branch to deposit in that savings and open checking. We assumed this meant we were both 'full fledged' members.  We weren't aware of how this all works, but guess we'll get a savings opened for him so we can take full advantage of all they offer. 

Plan to wait for  letter with on-line access info and then will probably just apply for CC on line.  Scores should be higher anyway shortly  once new balances report with lower utilization(around 20% now).   HHI  however "is what it is" (>$70K) so not sure how that will equate when it comes to CL. 

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.