Reply
Frequent Contributor
Cheryla18
Posts: 449
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

NFCU ???'s

I just found out that I can sign up with NFCU because my father was active duty Air Force when he passed away. My question is .....with my current scores  how likely will I get approved for a CC?

 

TIA

Cheryl

myFico EQ 612 (8/14) 596 (2/14) 574 (12/13) 497(1-7-13
myFico Exp 626 (2-10-14) 602 (11-17-13)
MyFico TU 618 (2-10-14) 589 (11-17-13)
Current Goal 640
Final Goal. 700
Frequent Contributor
leegreen
Posts: 321
Registered: ‎04-23-2014
0

Re: NFCU ???'s

What are your scores? Your signature doesn't show up on mobile.
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Frequent Contributor
Cheryla18
Posts: 449
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: NFCU ???'s


leegreen wrote:
What are your scores? Your signature doesn't show up on mobile.

myFico scores are:  EQ   596     Exp  626  & TU  618

myFico EQ 612 (8/14) 596 (2/14) 574 (12/13) 497(1-7-13
myFico Exp 626 (2-10-14) 602 (11-17-13)
MyFico TU 618 (2-10-14) 589 (11-17-13)
Current Goal 640
Final Goal. 700
Frequent Contributor
leegreen
Posts: 321
Registered: ‎04-23-2014
0

Re: NFCU ???'s

Borderline they will pull eq for cc. I have seen a lot approved with high 500s but some get offered a secured. You have a good shot at unsecured with them maybe 75%
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Regular Contributor
Eyisila
Posts: 175
Registered: ‎12-31-2013
0

Re: NFCU ???'s


Cheryla18 wrote:

I just found out that I can sign up with NFCU because my father was active duty Air Force when he passed away. My question is .....with my current scores  how likely will I get approved for a CC?

 

TIA

Cheryl


It's one of those YMMV things.  I will let you know that my DH and I have been members for about 3 years now, just recently (Jan 2014) moved all of our banking to them.  I went ahead and applied for the goRewards, my score EQ was 578 at the time, with relatively high utilization and baddies.  I was approved for $4000.  DH tried for one at the same time, declined but his scores were horrible at like 515 ( so no surprise). 

 

Fast forward to April, and we wanted to try and take advantage of the $250 refi auto offer, and we got it!.  DH again decided to try for a CC.  Applied for the cash rewards (pre 1.5%) and he got it, with a $3000 limit!  His scores were around 560 or so.  I don't know if our longer relationship had anything to do with it or not but we were surprised and happy. 

 

Good luck if you try!! :smileyvery-happy:

Regular Contributor
Eyisila
Posts: 175
Registered: ‎12-31-2013
0

Re: NFCU ???'s

Oh and also, besides your scores you may want to let the other, more knowledgable folks here know your current credit situation.

 

Like util, AAoA, what cards you have now with limits and such, inquires etc

Frequent Contributor
Cheryla18
Posts: 449
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: NFCU ???'s


Eyisila wrote:

Oh and also, besides your scores you may want to let the other, more knowledgable folks here know your current credit situation.

 

Like util, AAoA, what cards you have now with limits and such, inquires etc


 I have 1 collection.   I have 120 day lates on Sallie Mae student loan that is 6 yrs old and will fall off next year.  Everything else is currnet and on time.  I  secured CC with CL 1,000.   Fingerhut  CL $700.00   and Credit One CL 500.00 but still waiting for it to show up on report.

myFico EQ 612 (8/14) 596 (2/14) 574 (12/13) 497(1-7-13
myFico Exp 626 (2-10-14) 602 (11-17-13)
MyFico TU 618 (2-10-14) 589 (11-17-13)
Current Goal 640
Final Goal. 700
Frequent Contributor
Jarnog
Posts: 255
Registered: ‎12-31-2013
0

Re: NFCU ???'s


Cheryla18 wrote:

Eyisila wrote:

Oh and also, besides your scores you may want to let the other, more knowledgable folks here know your current credit situation.

 

Like util, AAoA, what cards you have now with limits and such, inquires etc


 I have 1 collection.   I have 120 day lates on Sallie Mae student loan that is 6 yrs old and will fall off next year.  Everything else is currnet and on time.  I  secured CC with CL 1,000.   Fingerhut  CL $700.00   and Credit One CL 500.00 but still waiting for it to show up on report.


I would go ahead and try.  If you are not to worried about inquiries at the moment.  Cuz as you  may have read NFCU is INQ crazy LOL.  But they are also very good to people rebuilding and with not so perfect credit.  I am the DH of Eyisila.  560 or so and I got the CashRewards with $3000, with a lot of baddies and lates on student loans. 

 

It's really up to you though.  If worse comes to worse they will counter with the secured card, which is pretty good also.  And if worked right can unsecure at 13 months.

 

Keep us updated :smileyvery-happy:

Regular Contributor
scarzy
Posts: 230
Registered: ‎04-08-2008
0

Re: NFCU ???'s

I would try, because NF are pretty lenient at the beginning with people who have bad/so-so scores.

 

 

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}