Senior Contributor
fishbjc

NFCU said yes to Visa no to Mastercard

reason:  Not enough history with Visa.  Just approved for Visa last week.  Are they tightening up?

No biggie, I'll use the Visa to pay household bills that I usually write a check for, then immediately pif.

I'll give them six months of history, then ask again.  :smileyhappy:
Established Contributor
jaybird201

Re: NFCU said yes to Visa no to Mastercard

This isn't uncommon with new members. People get approved for high CLs with one Navy Federal credit car and then apply for a NAVChek LOC and get a $1,000 CL. Navy Federal probably is just uneasy with giving you a bunch of credit all at once. After some history there shouldn't be any problem.
Senior Contributor
fishbjc

Re: NFCU said yes to Visa no to Mastercard

I'm not concerned about it at all.  I did get a loc for our checking as well.  I'll check back with them in six months or so.  Thanks for the encouragement!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}