Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU [small] Approval!!! I'LL TAKE IT!

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

NFCU [small] Approval!!! I'LL TAKE IT!

As I stated before, I needed to get a CC for a BT because I have some interest payments coming due on promotional purchases I made last year.  Well, I initially wanted to transfer my balances from my Restoration Hardware CC but last statement, I noticed Capital One increased my APR from 14.80% to 22.90%, so i've decided to transfer my balance of $775 instead.  I got my Cap1 card in 2008 at $500 and after three months they auto increased to $750 and this is where it has been since; even with an improved credit report and score and a really good internal history, sometimes payments twice a month.  I am putting this card waaaaay in the back of my drawer.

Anyway, NFCU only issued me a $1,500 CL but hey, i'll take it!  I will treat this card like it's the most precious thing on earth.  I guess my  limit was soo low because I have a CO and 120 showing on my EQ report from Alliant Credit Union which is due to fall off in November!  I'm just grateful that they gave me a chance!  I called to ask for a CLI but the rep said that they normally don't consider CLI's until after 1yr but I may call in after 6 months.  I don't know what my APR is yet, forgot to ask the Rep, LOL, but I will let you know as soon as I know.   

Does anyone have any valuable advice for me?

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
future
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU [small] Approval!!! I'LL TAKE IT!

congrats, you now have your foot in the door.  in time your cl will increase, as long as you responsible with it.

Message 2 of 9
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! I will be poster child for CC Responsibility with this card...after I pay this BT off that isSmiley Wink.

ETA: Forgot to ask;  did anyone receive an auto CLI within 1yr.?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations !   It's great !!   It's better than $300 to begin with ...  So, now you can make BT and save some interests.  Double check on the BT Fee that make sure no BT Fee as shown on their web site.

Transfer Your Credit Card Balance and Save!

Have a credit card with a high interest rate? Transfer your balance to a Navy Federal credit card. You'll save with our low rates and absolutely no balance transfer fees.

Plus, our cards come with the Navy Federal Zero Liability policy for protection from unauthorized purchases.

Savings, safety and security are synonymous with Navy Federal credit cards. So free yourself of that high interest rate and make the switch.

Ask NFCU about this offer will apply to you or not?

Switch and Save! Credit Card Balance Transfer Offer

For a limited time only, get a 3.9% fixed APR* through February 28, 2011 on balances transferred from other credit cards to your Navy Federal credit card and pay no balance transfer fees! After that, the rate will change to your standard APR. Standard rates range between 7.9% APR and 18% APR, are variable and are based on an evaluation of credit history, so your rate may differ.

You may also be interested to know that other financial institutions that promote 0% APR don't really save you money. You pay more with them because they charge a balance transfer fee. Here's how Navy Federal saves you money.

NFCU: 3.9% + no BT fee, for 12 months = $106.24 total interest and fees**
Example 1: 0% + 3% BT fee, for 12 months = $150 total interest and fees
Example 2: 0% + 4% BT fee, for 12 months = $200 total interest and fees
Example 3: 0% + 5% BT fee, for 12 months = $250 total interest and fees

Respond by March 31, 2010 to consolidate your high-rate credit card balances into one low payment at this amazing rate.

Message 4 of 9
TugChris
Valued Member

It pays to be persistant.....My first major CC was with NFCU for $2k @ 14.9 that was issued 2 years ago.....I found out today that NFCU approved me for 7.9 Platinum card for $14k based on my "excellent creditworthiness".......so that is all the proof to me that my hard work has paid off.....congrats to you and good luck in the future!

12/12/2009: TU 607 EQ 589
03/24/2010Smiley Sadvia lender) EX 688
04/01/2010: TU 718 EQ 717
Message 5 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Just a question for you....I didn't realize that Restoration Hardware has a CC!  And you're saying it's backed by Cap One???

I guess I won't be getting that one...not that I won't shop their site.  Cap One has me blacklisted.

I will be trying for the NFCU card this summer tho.  After my Inq's drop from EQ & i try for my mortgage refi.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 9
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all for the valuable advice!

I instantly took advantage of the "No Balance Transfer Fee" in which I transferred my Capital One balance over to NFCU [BungalowMo]. LOL, to clarify things for you, I absolutely did not say RH CC is backed by Capital One.  I was saying that I initially wanted to transfer my RH balance onto my new NFCU card but decided not to because I just noticed that Capital One rate hiked me from 14% to 22%, so I transferred that balance instead.  RH is backed by WFNNB.  Good luck with NFCU app, I think they will be throwing products your way with your credit profile. 

Message 7 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

OK...I gotcha now!  I sure hope for one of their cards after my refi attempt.  I hope both of those go off as planned!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 9
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure they will but my fingers are crossed anyway for yaSmiley Wink.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.