Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU still combine Cl?

:smileyindifferent:

:robotindifferent:

:smileyindifferent:

Happychap wrote:

Ok I heard back and they agreed to move some of my limit as requested. However, it appears such action is not always guaranteed reading the email they sent me below...:smileysurprised:

"Thank you for your message, Your request has been processed as an exception. We have increased your nRewards Visa to $30,000.00 and your Visa Signature Flagship account has been reduced to $20,000.00. Please be advised that future request for such type of transactions can be declined. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know"

I was going to ask to close my Flagship and transfer the limit but I guess I better leave it for now.

This may be my fault ... I did the same thing last year after reading the 500 page NFCU CLI how it works page. I had an nRewards Visa at $35K and applied for a Flagship and was approved for $25K. I moved 30K from my nRewards to the Flagship to make it $55K, then a couple months later requested an increase on the nRewards to $25K and it was approved.

Frequent Contributor

Hmmm I was thinking of requesting another cli on the flagship later on also😉 I just got a 5k sp on it the other day which is what I transferred to my nrewards card. Not sure if the system would have approved me for more as 5k was all I asked and I got it. I probably wait 6 mths then do it again.
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting them to move some limit over. I tried and was told they didn't do that, but I guess line everything else. YMMV...I may try again and see if a different rep can do it.
| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Regular Contributor

j_casteel wrote:
Congrats on getting them to move some limit over. I tried and was told they didn't do that, but I guess line everything else. YMMV...I may try again and see if a different rep can do it.

Yes, try again. I transferred the limit from my Flagship over to the cashRewards and closed the Flagship.

I asked via secure message and they did it with no problem. This was done two days ago.

Just make sure to redeem any points you may have beforehand.

EQ: 714, TU: 704, EX: 685
Most used: Barclay Sallie Mae, NFCU cashRewards
Hotel cards: Chase IHG, Chase Hyatt
Airline cards: Barclay US Airways, Citi AAdvantage Platinum
Rarely used: AmEx BCE, Discover it
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.