Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU vs PENFED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU vs PENFED

Which should I apply for? Heard great stories about both, kind of dont know which one to choose.

In the interest of disclosure, I am not eligible for either (non military, no government job) so I will have to finagle my way in.

Also, I know that there are threads on how to join each union if you're in my situation but I cant find them. Could someone please link the threads for me if they have them handy?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU vs PENFED

I don't have any experience with PENFED, but I can tell you that working with NFCU has been great. More than generous limits even though I had to show income verification to get my 2nd card with them, but what the heck. The reps are very helpful via, phone, online or in a branch. Great options to choose from for now and into the future,

Message 2 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

Anyone can join both Penfed and NFCU. And I do recommend joining both. Penfed allows you to donate to one of two organizations listed on their website to be eligible to join. And Navy Federal you just follow the instructions in thread below:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Navy-Federal-CU-The-REAL-way-in-for-those-that-dont...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went over to the PenFed site and they have some sweet cards.... Just when I thought I was done for a while...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Anyone can join both Penfed and NFCU. And I do recommend joining both. Penfed allows you to donate to one of two organizations listed on their website to be eligible to join. And Navy Federal you just follow the instructions in thread below:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Navy-Federal-CU-The-REAL-way-in-for-those-that-dont...

So do you have to keep paying the annual fee for the SD chapter, or what?

Message 5 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

No, one time $25 fee
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.