Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU

Ummm excuse me Jausanka, that's why I prefaced with I didn't apply yet for a membership. Do not tell me what I need or should be doing.  That was not the question.  Get a freaking life...

AND I might add...I will worry about it when I get good and ready. Now I see why the MOD has to babysit the forum....way too much superego going on.

Message 11 of 16
Datx
Valued Contributor

I agree what jausanka said as well, but I would've been a bit nicer about it. No need for drama guys. Lets all hold hands and sing kumbaya.

Message 12 of 16
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if NFCU is inquiry sensitive.  I currently have two inquires on TU do to my Mortgage.  Set to close on MAY 25 with a VA loan.  And my EQ has 4 inquires...2 for mortgage and one from Sprint (iphone) and one from At&T uverse.  I have a BOA Americard $600.00 limit...zero balance Capital one Platinum $750.00 limit ...zero balance.

I called the NFCU yesterday to inquire if I was eligible for membership as my husband dies 10 years ago while on active duty.  I have never remarried and receive DIC and still have Tri-care, ID and all privileges.  She out me on hold and asked a superviosr who said that I was eligible.  I didn't apply then because my mortage has not closed yet.

I would like to apply for a better credit card but if they pull EQ, that will be inq number five albeit, none are for other cc's.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  I'm in the Dallas area and will be going into the Fort Worth branch to apply.

Oh, on EQ and TU reports I have a paid small medical collection ($107.00) that i didn't know about that is going to fall off next year and a paid overpayment from my education benefits from 2008.  My EQ score is 695 and TU is 698.

Also, my income is about $60,000 which includes my salary and tax free DIC from VA.

OP did say they did not apply because the mortgage did not close yet. But i agree, lets get along guys, we are all here to help one another

Message 13 of 16
DM6410
Regular Contributor

The bad thing about posting on a computer is that it is sometimes difficult to determine the context of a message being delivered. Being that this is an open forum for credit education, I do understand that no one wants to be preached to and it is disrespectful as we are all ADULTS. Resh0708, if you are able to look past the "tone" of Jausanka's comment, then applying @ NFCU after you close on your new home may serve you much better; IMO (bank may pull another credit report and get worried about new INQs/credit request). Although I would personally do it the moment I left from closing with my new house keys in my hand - I would get in the same day and apply for CCs, auto loan, NavCheck, etc....LOLSmiley LOL , well as long as utilization remained low and I was able to RESPONSIBLY maintain all of my new lines of credits, once again, IMO**

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 14 of 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Some have suggested to wait till you close on the house. You could just do the membership now then after you close you could apply for a CC. You should have no problem getting a nice limit with them. NFCU is the best hands down
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 15 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@rootpooty wrote:
Some have suggested to wait till you close on the house. You could just do the membership now then after you close you could apply for a CC. You should have no problem getting a nice limit with them. NFCU is the best hands down

I wouldn't advise this, as it will likely cost an inquiry on either TU or EQ to join.   I would just wait until after you close.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.