Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU?

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

NFCU?

If you apply for a credit card this week from nfcu and you are approved, i know its a HP.

However if you apply for another credit card 2 weeks from now, do they use the same inquiry from 2 weeks ago or will they pull a new inquiry?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU?

@oracles wrote:

If you apply for a credit card this week from nfcu and you are approved, i know its a HP.

However if you apply for another credit card 2 weeks from now, do they use the same inquiry from 2 weeks ago or will they pull a new inquiry?

Thanks

They seem to do a new pull each time you apply for a credit product, so I would expect them another HP.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

Thanks pizzadude, your a wealth of info.

BTW, do you happen to know how long it takes for you to receive your userid in the mail?

Also what is nav cheks people speak about and LOC? I am assuming LOC id overdraft protection for your checking account. Is that considered a different entry on your credit report and will it count towards utilization?

I am trying to search on here for what they are but i cant find anything.

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@oracles wrote:

Thanks pizzadude, your a wealth of info.

BTW, do you happen to know how long it takes for you to receive your userid in the mail?

Also what is nav cheks people speak about and LOC? I am assuming LOC id overdraft protection for your checking account. Is that considered a different entry on your credit report and will it count towards utilization?

I am trying to search on here for what they are but i cant find anything.

I would expect about a week/10 days to receive the UserID, depending on where you live and the mail service ~ you can also call them and they'll set up your on~line account with you on the phone also if you don't want to wait.

NavCheck is a LOC/Overdraft that links your checking account I believe, and it does show on your CRs as a revolving account, so it can potentially help with your utilization.    I don't have NavCheck so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken about this.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
Datx
Valued Contributor

NavChek is a LOC tied to your checking account and It does help with utilization.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.