Navy Federal's Field of Membership is determined by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). If you are in any of these categories, you are eligible to join.
* All Department of the Navy (DON) Personnel—regardless of location or rank, including:
o Active duty Navy and Marine Corps
o Reservist, regardless of drilling status
o Civilian employees
* Contractors assigned to DON sites afloat or ashore
* Officer Candidate programs, NROTC, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
* U.S. Government—Military and civilian personnel employed by the U.S. Government assigned to, stationed at or working at a Navy installation, afloat or ashore
* Retired—from any of the categories listed above
o Children (includes adopted, foster and stepchildren)
o Household Members
Once your family members have joined, they can extend the membership opportunity to their family members, too.