Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

NFCU

Hi everyone, happy weekend!!

All of you NFCU card carriers out there I have a question..Have any of you requested a CLI on your cards yet? If so how long did u wait? or does anyone know how long they like you to wait before requesting a cli?  how hard is it to get a cli with them?? just wondering..

thanks!!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU

The general consensus is that you should wait at least six months. Some people have recieved them earlier (myself at 4) but they seem to be few and far between.

I had 25k on one card and 1k on the second. I thought this was too much of a difference and asked for 5k on the second. Got lucky I think.

Jax

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 4
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

yea there is a difference on mine but not that big, only about $5000 difference..i'm not sure how long i've had mine i'll have to check again...anyone else had any luck? if so was it hard, easy etc?

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 4
jaybird201
Established Contributor

The discrepency between limits on two cards usually is the result of their generousity on the first one. In other words, if they give you a $25,000 CL on one of their credit cards, that may be as much risk as they're willing to take and don't want to risk giving you a whole mess of credit in the form of another credit card and a NavChek to boot.

I'd recommend waiting the 6 months, letting them get used to you, using your card and showing you can handle the credit you have, and call them back. Do that and I guarantee they'll be generous (assuming your credit score hasn't gotten any worse).

Also, I'd recommend being active with them in general. They tend to be good to members that use all of their products and services on a regular basis. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.