Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU

@pjsebastian87 wrote:

How can you get accepted in NFCU..??

Isnt there some kind of criteria that you need to qualify or something like that.?! Or anyone anywhere can simply join?

Please Advice.

military, family members that are already members or if you live within someone that is a member.

Message 51 of 101
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pjsebastian87 wrote:

How can you get accepted in NFCU..??

Isnt there some kind of criteria that you need to qualify or something like that.?! Or anyone anywhere can simply join?

Please Advice.

military, family members that are already members or if you live within someone that is a member.

sorry i was on page 3 and didn't realize the thread was already on page 6!

When applying for Navcheck always ask for $15k and they will counter.

Message 52 of 101
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Hi guys:

Its been a while. Quick question: If NFCU deactivated membership becuase of unpaid credit card what is the likelihood of them reactivating your memebership if you pay them in full. 

This is not my account but its a close friend of my mine, that wants to reestablish their account.

Thanks in advance.

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 53 of 101
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BKFireFly wrote:

Hi guys:

Its been a while. Quick question: If NFCU deactivated membership becuase of unpaid credit card what is the likelihood of them reactivating your memebership if you pay them in full. 

This is not my account but its a close friend of my mine, that wants to reestablish their account.

Thanks in advance.

I believe it's 100% they WILL give you membership again if you pay them back.

Message 54 of 101
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

Hi guys:

Thanks in advance.

I believe it's 100% they WILL give you membership again if you pay them back.

Thanks for this info, I will infom my friend.

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 55 of 101
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Welcome to NFCU. I joined in December 2014. Love it. Even though all I have through them in a cash rewards cc with a 17k limit from them. I was tempted to try for Navcheck but decided to hold off because I didnt want to hurt my chances of them extending a future large auto loan or possible mortgage. Will most likley switch my banking over to them down the road.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 56 of 101
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I wouldn't worry about navcheck effecting your auto
Message 57 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news virgo, and welcome to the NFCU Family!!

Message 58 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is NAVCHECK? I am becoming a member with NFCU today. Is it adviceable to apply for a credit card today as well? Or should I wait? How much CL should i request? And is NAVCHECK an option for me? 

Creditaddict - I hear you are the NFCU expert around here.

-Citibank $3,400/$4180;     Credit Union $ 560/$1500 LOC;        -Capital one $0/$2500

-Macys 0/$100; -Kohls 0/$200;   -TJMaxx 0/$300

Experian score was 561 as of 1/1/15                               On 2/26/15 EQ:626  TU:639   EX: 628

Message 59 of 101
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is NAVCHECK? I am becoming a member with NFCU today. Is it adviceable to apply for a credit card today as well? Or should I wait? How much CL should i request? And is NAVCHECK an option for me? 

Creditaddict - I hear you are the NFCU expert around here.

-Citibank $3,574.20/$4180; -$ Credit Union $ 560/$1500 LOC;        -Capital one $250/$2500

-Macys 0/$100; -Kohls 0/$200;   -TJMaxx 0/$300

Experian score was 561 as of 1/1/15                               On 2/26/15 EQ:626  TU:639   EX: 628

Navcheck is a che3cking line of credit.

You should apply for credit card and then follow that application up with a checking line of credit application for the full $15k (they counter if they don't approve full amount)

You apply for both at same time even if your credit card is not instantly approved because they are 2 different departments.

it's like the navy combo they love to give!

Message 60 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.