Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

NFCU

DH is at month #4....when's a good time to call for an increase, and is it a soft?  We've spent approx $2000 per month and pif, but first month didn't use it at all.

Tnx

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU

At least 6 months but I would call and ask if there is a CLI in waiting without a hard pull. Sometimes CSR will give you this info if you schmooze 'em up a little. 
Message 2 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

After 6 months they harded me for a CLI. NFCU hards EQ for just about everything.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

are they very generous with CLI?
Message 4 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

They bumped me from $15,000 to $18,000, so I guess that's 20 percent.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
are they very generous with CLI?

I think they won't go much over 40% of your yearly income for available credit on a credit card. At least they would in the good old days. Might be lower now though. IMO they are the most generous lender out there.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be estatic to have 40% of my income.  Right now they got me at 2%..
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a recent phone call to NFCU, the CSR said after 6 months I could ask for an increase. I got my card June 2nd and he said to call back January 2nd. That's a bit more than 6 months if you ask me.

My income is so low, so I don't know if it's worth the hard only for them to tell me no. I'll leave it alone and see if they will auto-increase,  maybe.

Message 8 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Heres the thing.  DH is taking a 20% paycut effective February 2009.  Still, a nice income all around.  I think I'll call them right before the paycheck cuts, so if they ask for two stubs, I'll have Jan 09 & December 08.

All of these cli's have really done good for our utilization...brought us down 8%.  I'll take it.  If NFCU kicks us up $2500 to $7500 that would be awesome.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.