Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU

@sylviagarcia wrote:

Creditaddict: Thanks for your quick reply.. The account was opened in early July and at the end of October I submitted a CLI online.  The TU and EQ scores were 667 for TU and 654 for EQ.  The additional credits I had (open) were as follows and all of them had a $0 balance with the exception of possibly CapOne where I always left a small balance on.

Overstock  CL $1k                           JCP  - CL $800                      Secured Credit Union Visa  $2100            Capital One CL $3000

Walmart  CL $900                            Amazon  CL  $700               Credit One Bank - CL $600                          Credit Union Rewards Visa  1k

Auto Loan  20k                                  Personal Loan of 4k            Merrick One Visa   $300

I have direct deposit with NFCU since I opened my account in early March.. My personal individual income is about 80k a year and there is not much debt because all the credit cards named above were balance of $0.

I am a member of the Equifax Personal Solutions Credit Monitoring and I've never received an alert of them doing a AR -- only Hard Inquiries.. :/

**I've been in my home for over 7yrs and in my employement for over 13yrs.. so my life is pretty stable.. (knock on wood)...

1. close credit one... the fees are not worth it and you don't need it.

2. Close merrick bank... the fees are not worth it and you don't need it.

3. have you done chat with Sync and or called credit solutions about your CL with Walmart, JCP, and Amazon?

4. We have gone through 2 if not 3 AR since your OCT request... I would request again NOW! $25k

Message 31 of 46
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

Creditaddict:  Thanks again for this information.. there is only one issue.. my scores are now on the low 600's with TU and EQ because I already took care of closing Merrick and Credit One for those mentioned reasons.. So right now, I failed to add, that my current limits are much higher.... and I'm afraid to do a CLI with Navy because of their hard pulls.. they did a hard pull in October and I'm afraid they'll do a hard pull again :/

My current limits are as follows:

Discover  $2300  (usually carry like $200 balance.

Capital One MC  $6500  (usually have a small balance under $100)

Capital One Visa  $3000  $200 balance

Navy Fed Rewards  $1000  $0 balance

Calif Coast CU  $5000  $0 balance

Amazon  $1300  $0 balance

JCP   $2300  -  $0 bal

Overstock  $1000  $0 balance

Walmart  $1600  $0 balance

Scores for TU and EQ are in the 616 & 626 -- I'm guessing is because of the opening of the new accounts and the closing of the others.. Merrick was my oldest account and also have had several inquiries on my report due to trying to get better rates on my accounts.. I can't seem to figure out another way to improve the interest if I don't ask and apply and unfortunately they always doe hard inquiries.. Late last year I refinanced my auto loan from a 19% to a 5% loan and of course (again) my CR was pulled a number of times.. while shopping for the best deal.. :/

My highest score is with Experian I have a 690 but unfortunately Navy only uses TU or EQ :/

Ohhh.. and I forgetting one last recent account with Smile Generation Financial (Comenity Bank) that one gave me $4500 CL and due to dental work I needed done I have a $2900 balance on it :/  They offered 18 months no interest and I had to take it.. I am on the works of having them increase my limit so my usage doesn't look depleted on that one but unfortunately because its a needed dental procedure I had no choice but to have it done :/

Again.. thanks so much for all the feedback and help.

Message 32 of 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sylviagarcia wrote:

Creditaddict:  Thanks again for this information.. there is only one issue.. my scores are now on the low 600's with TU and EQ because I already took care of closing Merrick and Credit One for those mentioned reasons.. So right now, I failed to add, that my current limits are much higher.... and I'm afraid to do a CLI with Navy because of their hard pulls.. they did a hard pull in October and I'm afraid they'll do a hard pull again :/

My current limits are as follows:

Discover  $2300  (usually carry like $200 balance.

Capital One MC  $6500  (usually have a small balance under $100)

Capital One Visa  $3000  $200 balance

Navy Fed Rewards  $1000  $0 balance

Calif Coast CU  $5000  $0 balance

Amazon  $1300  $0 balance

JCP   $2300  -  $0 bal

Overstock  $1000  $0 balance

Walmart  $1600  $0 balance

Scores for TU and EQ are in the 616 & 626 -- I'm guessing is because of the opening of the new accounts and the closing of the others.. Merrick was my oldest account and also have had several inquiries on my report due to trying to get better rates on my accounts.. I can't seem to figure out another way to improve the interest if I don't ask and apply and unfortunately they always doe hard inquiries.. Late last year I refinanced my auto loan from a 19% to a 5% loan and of course (again) my CR was pulled a number of times.. while shopping for the best deal.. :/

My highest score is with Experian I have a 690 but unfortunately Navy only uses TU or EQ :/

Ohhh.. and I forgetting one last recent account with Smile Generation Financial (Comenity Bank) that one gave me $4500 CL and due to dental work I needed done I have a $2900 balance on it :/  They offered 18 months no interest and I had to take it.. I am on the works of having them increase my limit so my usage doesn't look depleted on that one but unfortunately because its a needed dental procedure I had no choice but to have it done :/

Again.. thanks so much for all the feedback and help.

closing old accounts won't be the score dip because they are still reporting... it's just loss of credit that can effect you with util. but probably not in your case.

616 is little low for chat with sync for higher limits but since it's just a sp it's always worth trying.... ask for $10k on each one and they will counter or deny.... I would do chat online.

I mean the hp isn't really a concern with navy to be... of course it's great to get an instant counter online with no hp or review but the inq itself isn't really going to hurt you especially right now with the inquiries you have and what not.

Since you have much higher limits with other cards now since the last time you tried despite the score decrease, I would probably still go for a cli.

Message 33 of 46
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

Creditaddict;

So are you suggesting that I try the online chat for my Synch credit lines and then go for the cli request with Navy even if it means another hard inquiry and the fact that my score with EQ is lower then when I initially applied in the first place? 

I just want to make sure I understand this right.. after all Navy is the one that had the most inquiries on my report and not sure why they do that to start with, but I guess that's just their technique.. EQ use to be my highest score and now its the 2nd to the lowest.. :/

Thanks again for everything.

Message 34 of 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sylviagarcia wrote:

Creditaddict;

So are you suggesting that I try the online chat for my Synch credit lines and then go for the cli request with Navy even if it means another hard inquiry and the fact that my score with EQ is lower then when I initially applied in the first place? 

I just want to make sure I understand this right.. after all Navy is the one that had the most inquiries on my report and not sure why they do that to start with, but I guess that's just their technique.. EQ use to be my highest score and now its the 2nd to the lowest.. :/

Thanks again for everything.

1. Yes, Chat with each Sync card and ask for $10k on each of them... 1 result may be different from the others, so make sure to do each one.

2. When did you get the scores you have? are they from the EQ monitoring or something else? those are not true fico are they?

Message 35 of 46
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

The scores I'm getting are probably not actual Fico's because they're from the Equifax Personal Solutions Credit Monitoring Program.

Message 36 of 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sylviagarcia wrote:

The scores I'm getting are probably not actual Fico's because they're from the Equifax Personal Solutions Credit Monitoring Program.

Then I would move ahead with the CLI with Navy also.

Message 37 of 46
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

OMG!!!! Creditaddict... Ok so I chatted with Amazon and for some reason they denied me.. so I proceeded with Navy and I am not going to lie instead of asking for the 25k I went for $7500... I was scared.. I was worried they'd hit me with the horrible "DENIED"!.. Smiley Surprised

But guess what??!!!!! You are amazing.. how do you do this??? I was approved and it instantly bumped me up to $7500.. now I'm regretting not asking for the 25k :/  Is this bad??

My god.. I so wish we could give virtual Hugs!!! U R Awesome!! thanks! thanks! thanks!

Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can still ask for $25k again and get a counter..
Message 39 of 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes you can still go back and ask for more. Clear your cookies.
Also go chat with your other 2 sync cards, each can be different
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.