Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
alisadarrick
Regular Contributor

NFCU

Hello - How many credit cards are allowed for Navy Federal?  Does anyone know?  Thanks.

BK7 Meeting of Creditors 12/14 Discharged 2/15
EQ 630
EX 631
TU 653
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU

I have seen a few people with 3, mostly 2 but never more than 3. I believe it all comes down to maximum exposure though, so if you have reached that on one card you won't get another unless you can reallocate some of your first card.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree w/ @creditguy....

NFCU like many CU's like to spread the 'risk' among many, many members....limiting the exposure of any one member to X amount on general principle.

This concept is part of the overall concept of keeping the CU financially healthly and protecting all members from over exposure.

B/c of the large CL's available many will max out at 2 cards but one could assume the exposure could be split among several smaller cards

but b/c accounts cost to maintain, it'd seem to make better financial sense (cheaper) that the CU maintain 2 large limit accounts vs 4 small ones.

Message 3 of 4
Septrosh
New Contributor

Yeah, most people I know and see on this board focus on 2 cards and work on their CL with those 2. I, personally, have had 3 cards with NFCU in the past and just have 2 now. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.