Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

NFCU

I just read another post of some one getting a Apr reduction so i just called them up i have been a member for 2 years they list my EQ fico 09 as 799 that may played a part in it previous Apr was 14.90% they just hit me with the lowest Apr offered on the cash rewards card 10.40%Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU

Congrats!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats a sweet drop, cant wait to have a year with Navy to drop my Apr like the month of MaySmiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your APR reduction!  Well done!

Message 4 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, BigPoppa!  Im looking forwared to applying with them once my inquiries fall off.   

I was excited when I had read they were apparently using fico 09's being mine is substantially higher than my 08s, but am being guarded and am wondering if they may look at them different even though they have the same numeric range as the 08s?  If anyone has any thoughts on that, I'd be interested.  

Message 6 of 10
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Hey captain they are not Inquiry sensitive u might as well pull the trigger and be enjoying your card!
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wouldnt put all my money on the fact to use fico9 to approve. They probably still use other factors and their own internal system . I agree though hps shouldnt scare them off. The good thing with Navy even if you start off low in 3 months you could be climbing ESB like King KongSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Poppa!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I wouldnt put all my money on the fact to use fico9 to approve. They probably still use other factors and their own internal system . I agree though hps shouldnt scare them off. The good thing with Navy even if you start off low in 3 months you could be climbing ESB like King KongSmiley Wink

Youre correct about that from what I've read, but I want to avoid having to furnish proof of income, and Ive read they never ask on CC applications...so I'm thinking I might just have to keep my starting limit if I want to be safe and avoid that...which is why Im thinking it may be good for me to wait another 6 or so months.

Also, for me personally, there's the issue that Ive just picked up 2 new accounts and want to avoid more before I shoot for the 3 banks I IIBed, 6 months from now....even though having a nice NFCU limit could help with their limits....it's a bit of a conundrum.   I appreciate the warning about not putting too much stock in them using the fico 09.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.