Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU

wrote:
Does girlfriend/boyfriend count to get you in? For example, you don't serve but your girlfriend did. Is that good enough?

If she is your "roommate" then yes. Also you are eligible for membership if you work there sooo if people really want membership they are hiring lol

Message 11 of 30
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Dalmuswrote:

wrote:
I joined NFCU by going in the “back door” of the Navy League of San Diego I learned about on this fantastic forum. I joined last spring, let the account sit with just a few dollars, then app’d for the CashRewards card a few months later. $24k CL out the gate! My scores were mid 600s, far from a clean file, but I didn’t have any recent lates so maybe that helped.

The "back door" through the Navy League has been closed and deadbolted.    You now can only get in with military service... either yourself, of somebody in your direct line (Parents, grandparents, children).

If you can get in, they are fantastic to work with.

My father was Air Force but is deceased. Will i still be able to get in?

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 12 of 30
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@Cheryla18wrote:

@Dalmuswrote:

wrote:
I joined NFCU by going in the “back door” of the Navy League of San Diego I learned about on this fantastic forum. I joined last spring, let the account sit with just a few dollars, then app’d for the CashRewards card a few months later. $24k CL out the gate! My scores were mid 600s, far from a clean file, but I didn’t have any recent lates so maybe that helped.

The "back door" through the Navy League has been closed and deadbolted.    You now can only get in with military service... either yourself, of somebody in your direct line (Parents, grandparents, children).

Cheryl

Yes

Message 13 of 30
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Does girlfriend/boyfriend count to get you in? For example, you don't serve but your girlfriend did. Is that good enough?

if you live in the same household you are good.  any nfcu member in a household is a donor, anyone can join off them. 

Message 14 of 30
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Jimp2323wrote:

@Cheryla18wrote:

@Dalmuswrote:

wrote:

Cheryl

Yes

Thank you.  He passed when i was 9 and never had an account with them. I have his SS# & DOB is there anything else I will need?

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 15 of 30
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Cheryla18wrote:

@Jimp2323wrote:

@Cheryla18wrote:

@Dalmuswrote:

wrote:

Cheryl

Yes

Thank you.  He passed when i was 9 and never had an account with them. I have his SS# & DOB is there anything else I will need?

very sorry.  a DD214 is the slam dunk way into nfcu.  you can get it slow or fast, just google it

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the service member have to be a member of NFCU? i tried to join USAA and the service member had to be an existing account holder, and my parents dont want anything to do with that. I have heard NFCU is pretty good for refinancing auto loans and i need to do so badly (18 percent interest thru GM Financial)

Message 17 of 30
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Does the service member have to be a member of NFCU? i tried to join USAA and the service member had to be an existing account holder, and my parents dont want anything to do with that. I have heard NFCU is pretty good for refinancing auto loans and i need to do so badly (18 percent interest thru GM Financial)

no and if you need a refi you might want to check out penfed as well.  they suck at everything imo except car loans

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgognewrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

no and if you need a refi you might want to check out penfed as well.  they suck at everything imo except car loans

IMO I wouldn't even waste the time on penfed, they sucked for everything in my case. 

Message 19 of 30
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

@Cheryla18wrote:

@Jimp2323wrote:

@Cheryla18wrote:

@Dalmuswrote:

wrote:

Cheryl

Yes

I joined two months ago using my Grandfathers service in WWII.  He died in the 1960's.  I was never asked for any information other than name and branch of service. But I told them on the phone I had his Serial # and enlistment paperwork.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.