Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

NFCU

I've never had anything show up on my offers on the NFCU website until today. I see an offer for the cash rewards CC. I'd like to pull the trigger and apply so I can rid of my starter cards (providing they were to give me a halfway decent limit)

Does anyone have any idea if this is a fairly decent shot at the card?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU

@MsKiwi wrote:

I've never had anything show up on my offers on the NFCU website until today. I see an offer for the cash rewards CC. I'd like to pull the trigger and apply so I can rid of my starter cards (providing they were to give me a halfway decent limit)

So far do you just have the checking & savings??  That's all I have & I didn't realize they have offers like this show up!

So...you know I'm looking right now!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 25
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@MsKiwi wrote:

So far do you just have the checking & savings??  That's all I have & I didn't realize they have offers like this show up!

So...you know I'm looking right now!

I have checking savings and mma savings. Direct deposit. Thanks for answering, I want to apply so I can close 4 accounts that were starter cards. I guess all I can do is try.

Message 3 of 25
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Darn it,  the offer isn't there anymore. I should have apped earlier. LOL Oh well.

Message 4 of 25
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I didnt know nfcu has offers. Is it the same like the penfed offers?
Message 5 of 25
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@nathan wrote:
I didnt know nfcu has offers. Is it the same like the penfed offers?

If you have an account just click on my offers that on the same line as accounts, transfers, messages, etc.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is ur score?

Message 7 of 25
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

what is ur score?

622 on TU and 656 on EQ

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have a fair shot at getting it. I joined them about 4 months ago under my DH and 4 days ago my mom opened an account under me. She has 2 years credit history 2 baddies and a score of 601. She apped for their cash rewards, and was approved for 2k and a 1.5k LOC.

Message 9 of 25
Tazman81
Established Contributor

NFCU is a pretty good bank.  Just be careful not to fall behind on your payments as they will freeze your account.  Also know that when you get a credit card with them, you sign an agreement that if you default on the credit card, they can take funds from any deposit accounts that you have with them in order to satisfy that default.  If you get an auto loan with them and default on your credit card, they will continue to hold the title to your vehicle as collateral until the credit card is paid off, even if you pay the auto loan in full.  That is the type of agreement you enter in.

And of course I know no one is planning on defaulting, so with that said, NFCU is an awesome credit union to be with.  I have nothing but good things to say about them.  Also, do not be so quick to close out your other credit cards (unless they have an outrageous annual fee).  Reason being is when you close out credit cards, it closes out that part of your credit history.  For example, if you had the starter card for 3 years, and you get an NFCU card today and then close the starter card, you have just closed 3 years of your credit history.  So, you may want to wait to close the card until you get some history with NFCU's credit card.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.