cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO ANNUAL FEE credit cards for fair/poor credit???

tag
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

NO ANNUAL FEE credit cards for fair/poor credit???

I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer to my question, but someone out there may just prove me wrong!  There are several credit cards with no annual fees for excellent/good credit, but what about fair/poor credit?  Are there any credit cards with NO ANNUAL FEE(S) for poor/fair credit?  As the saying goes, "a closed mouth doesn't get fed!"  Smiley Happy  Any feedback is appreciated!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Re: NO ANNUAL FEE credit cards for fair/poor credit???

Barclays Rewards MC for Average Credit

Message 2 of 40
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

NASA FCU Is the flavor of the month right now. I have a 627 score with 2 baddies, was approved for 5k.

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 3 of 40
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@ERoosky99 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer to my question, but someone out there may just prove me wrong!  There are several credit cards with no annual fees for excellent/good credit, but what about fair/poor credit?  Are there any credit cards with NO ANNUAL FEE(S) for poor/fair credit?  As the saying goes, "a closed mouth doesn't get fed!"  Smiley Happy  Any feedback is appreciated!

You may want to try this:

https://www.dcu.org/loans/visa-secured.html

If you open a DCU checking account, you'll also get free FICO EQ score every month. It will help you monitor your credit progress.

If you're not a member of the DCU-related organizations, you'll have to pay a $10 fee to get in with the CU. However I feel like the free FICO is worth it.

Message 4 of 40
creditfan
Established Contributor

Journey Student Rewards Credit Card

Message 5 of 40
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

You could also try DCU secured credit card.

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay rewards card. no annual fee with rewards, but you'll be hit with 24.99% apr.

Message 7 of 40
yfan
Valued Contributor

Try for a Capital One platinum card with no rewards. If you are a member of a credit union, you can also ask them if they have a credit card you can apply for.

Message 8 of 40
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Try for a Capital One platinum card with no rewards. If you are a member of a credit union, you can also ask them if they have a credit card you can apply for.

i dont really reccomend them simply for the fact they triple pull (1 inq on each report) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 40
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@yfan wrote:

i dont really reccomend them simply for the fact they triple pull (1 inq on each report) 

BUT, with fair to poor, if OP gardens for awhile, then gets the automatic CLI after 6 months, and another one after a year (start buggin the EO office email, Facebook at STAGGERED intervals), those three pulls won't matter.

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.