cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO CLI ON MY CITI PLATINUM SELECT HELP PLEASE

tag
charlie29

NO CLI ON MY CITI PLATINUM SELECT HELP PLEASE

I have been trying to get a CLI on my citi card that I have since october 2011, everytime I request they decline me inmmediately, they allways softpull my equifax report thay say they say the following;

The information did not score a sufficient number of points for approval. We have denied
your request for a credit limit increase due to the following reason(s):
· Serious delinquency and public record or collection filed.
· Insufficient length of credit history

As of June/2012 your credit score is 657. Credit scores range from a low of 250 to a high of 900. 

this jugment was from 3 years ago since that I have a perfect payment history.  I purchase my equifax score on June and my Fico score was 675, so I don't understand if they use a different score system, also I just got approve for another citi card last month with the same CL as the other one $1000. 

I would appreciate any recommendation to get a CLI on my first card, Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: NO CLI ON MY CITI PLATINUM SELECT HELP PLEASE

You pif or hold balance?  Also what is aaoa and oldest card?  How lonyo have you had Citibank card?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Btw, is that judgement paid or not?

Message 3 of 10
charlie29

I have my citi platinum for about 10 months I always keep a balance bellow 30%. the public record is from 3 years ago. this month I finish paying the public record they told after paying the balance they will send a letter saying that the public record is satisfied. My oldest CC is 4 years. the average between all my 9 credit cards is 1 year. I was able to get another citi card ( Diamond) 1 month ago with $1000 CL. I also have Discover, Chase freedom, Wellsfargo, with the same limits, no more than $1200 CL in each one. I closed my green Amex charge card 3 months ago. I want to be able to get good CL's. I always keep my utilization below 30% in each card. I appreciate any recomendations to reach my goal. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Are you pif on Citibank though?  Also, won't get anything done until that judgement is satisfied at the very least.

Message 5 of 10
charlie29

A judgement  satisfied would help my score ?? I always carry a balance of $150 no more than $250 CL $1000. after I get the satisfied jugment letter do I have to send a copy to each credit bureau????  Thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 10
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@charlie29 wrote:

A judgement  satisfied would help my score ?? I always carry a balance of $150 no more than $250 CL $1000. after I get the satisfied jugment letter do I have to send a copy to each credit bureau????  Thank you for your help.

no it wouldnt help your score however it will look better upon a manual review

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 7 of 10
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

charlie get the UTI under 10%.  Next wait 1 year for the inq's to not be as hard of a hit on your credit report (this will also allow you to age another year). This should put you in a good position to get a CLI on any of your cards.  Sometimes only time will allow your cards to go up...I waited a few years before I hit prime land.  You don't need any more c.c. though, that will just lower your age and place another INQ on ur record (for me 3 was the golden number, after that they really didn't add/subtract). GL!

Message 8 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@charlie29 wrote:

cant just think of score for apps especially if they are doing internal scoring.  There are also hard triggers for refusal.  I would guesJuan unpaid judgement might be one as any creditor would fear that money that was for your credit card bill suddenly got levied.

Message 9 of 10
dp321
Regular Contributor

How many times have you tried since October? because you really should be doing it every 6 months. 

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.