Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Love From GE Capital Again

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: NO Love From GE Capital Again

Yeah, I requested an increase online, got shot down then called the next day. Got shot down again and received a letter for each of those. I guess I'll just... wait.  That's one of the things that needs to be done to allow credit to grow. Some cards grow slower than others. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 31 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

Yeah, I requested an increase online, got shot down then called the next day. Got shot down again and received a letter for each of those. I guess I'll just... wait.  That's one of the things that needs to be done to allow credit to grow. Some cards grow slower than others. 

And that's all you can do for the time being.  In the world of credit, patience/time is what allows things to grow.  Or as some would say, no city was built overnight!  Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 42
lsutigers
Contributor

I tried two weeks in a row with the love button on jcp. , last night got the email saying statement was ready to view online so I got on and hit the LUV button got numbed from 800 to 2800! This is my 2nd increase started @ 400
Message 33 of 42
lsutigers
Contributor

Bumped* not numbed sorry
Message 34 of 42
baller4life
Super Contributor

Thanks for all the info folks. Looks like there's no rhyme or reason to their clis
Message 35 of 42
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

One note about the store cards I've noticed is that the cards need to be used to get LUV. Maybe not the full limit, but they need to see usage. I had JCP and SAMS cards stuck for a long time, but with usage, JCP, Amazon, Lowes have all gotten love. Not regular love, but enough for my needs.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 36 of 42
masscredit
Valued Contributor

And with the JCP card, if you don't shop there much, it can be used at CVS Pharmacy. I'm good at getting discouts there so it's a win/win. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 37 of 42
bsprouse85

This is not unusual and you are not alone! I will have to say that if you have a bankruptcy on your record, even though you have PIF every month and maintained an exemplorary credit history GE will turn you down.Personally, I have never paid a penny of interest with GE and maybe they just do not like that. I recently had one of these credit limt request experiences (requests online/phone) and MANY more before and they will not budge regardless of income and consistant payment history. Also most of their credit analysts are in India and it seems they have not ability to increase credit lines beyond what you might get online, "If Any". GE seems to be taking a very hard stance to anyone that was caught up in the recession and might have had some unfortuneate circumstances. Needless to say they are VERY unforgiving. GE is personally off my list for any credit usage at this point and I have cancelled my authorized users as well. I would cancel the account, BUT it contributes to my AAoA since BK 7 filed in 12/11. Hopefully this helps give some insight. Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 42
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its the BK on the report that is stopping the generous CLIs, I get hammered for it every time if I go for large increases so I dont bother calling them for anything anymore, My BK is only on TU and its from 02/05 Dismissed, so until its gone TU is frozen and I work with the other 2. Anyone who gets 10K, 15K, 25K lines with them has no BK on their reports.

Message 39 of 42
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Good to know!  Barclay and Cap1 give me generous CLIs, Target started me off with $3k, I can be approved for a $20k+ auto loan in 6 minutes but can't get an extra few hundred dollars on my Walmart CL.  Oh well, maybe they will come around someday.  That and my JCP card still service some purpose (FICO score and discounts) so I will continue to use them.

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.