Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NORDSTROM NOT UPDATING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NORDSTROM NOT UPDATING

I have a Nordstrom visa, and they have not been automatically updating my credit reports since August 2009, yes all three bureaus,I have had to call in to request a manual update, they said nobody else has called so far with this problem, is anyone else experiancing this???

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: NORDSTROM NOT UPDATING

Hi, that is a total lie, I do not have the visa but I have their store card and last month I had to call them as they had not updated on my credit reports to all 3 credit bureaus since August for me also, and I never had any issues always reported on time since I opened up this account in March of this year, so I spoke with a representative last month to correct this situation and EX and TU was updated correctly but my EQ is still wrong showing no activity since August which is not true as I shop at Nordstrom's monthly and pay monthly.  This month instead of calling I sent an email via their site concerning EQ was not being updated since August and I recieved a reply that this would be corrected, well all I can tell you it has been three weeks and not a D--- thing has been done.  All I can say when I first opened this account in March all I have heard was the excellant customer service this credit card offered, which I thought was true and it was at one time as you would call the customer service number and someone would pick up immediately, now when you call you are waiting over 20 minutes, I would say their reporting and customer service has really gone down the toilet.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 33
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Same here for my Nordstrom Visa Signature....no update since 8/2009, and I have used it and PIF'd in that time period since.
Message 3 of 33
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I just looked at my report and it has not updated from July. I was thinking is had to do with my card being upgraded to the visa. I should call and ask if they will update my credit report because it is no longer a store card.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 33
DI
Super Contributor

I think Nordstrom is cutting corners and feeling a backlash from it. 
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:
I think Nordstrom is cutting corners and feeling a backlash from it. 

I think this is probably correct. You have to remember that no credit grantor is obligated to report your account history to any Credit reporting agency.
Message 6 of 33
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I just looked, and my Nordstrom Signature Visa hasn't reported since August on either TU or EQ.

When I called to request the CLI a couple of weeks ago, the CSR first said, "You don't have any activity on your card. We would have to pull your credit." I replied that I had used the card regularly since May, and even called when I went out of state. She put me on hold, and came back and said that it was strange I had only $3,000 CL, that the minimum for Signature is $5,000 and yes, I did have plenty of activity, and they would raise me to $5,000.

Thinking back, I wonder if the first look on her screen was the un-updated activity since August, and they had to look at internal records to see my activity.

I know they revamped the website. Maybe the leap into the 21st Century is tough for them.

Message Edited by jaysdad2k on 11-20-2009 11:21 PM
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 7 of 33
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I checked and mine has not updated since August either.  Sounds like they stopped reporting for everyone then.  I guess it costs them money to report.  probably trying to save money.  I will give them a call and see if I can get them to update the last few months data.
Message 8 of 33
Scamp
Valued Contributor

I apped for and got a little Nordstrom store card back in late July or August, and that thing hasn't shown up at all on my reports, yet.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think If Nordstrom isnt gonna no longer report to the credit bureaus, they should at least notify their customers, it would be good customer service to do so anyway, they wont tell you that they no longer report when you call to request an update , I called and requested a manual update which they did but they just updated the balance not the history part and the credit bureaus still show the history as of August 2009, not updating age and history of account, i realize that creditors are not required to report to bureaus. but if they change policy and no longer report they should notify us.
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.