Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NORDSTROM NOT UPDATING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NORDSTROM NOT UPDATING

@Anonymous wrote:
I think If Nordstrom isnt gonna no longer report to the credit bureaus, they should at least notify their customers, it would be good customer service to do so anyway, they wont tell you that they no longer report when you call to request an update , I called and requested a manual update which they did but they just updated the balance not the history part and the credit bureaus still show the history as of August 2009, not updating age and history of account, i realize that creditors are not required to report to bureaus. but if they change policy and no longer report they should notify us.

I think this is something that we will be seeing a lot more of. If Credit Card companies lose sources of income, then they will try to make up for it in other ways.

Although the amount to report an account may be small, if you have a million or more accounts, PLUS report to 3 credit bureaus it makes a rather significant amount of money each month.

Message 11 of 33
DI
Super Contributor

For some reason, I always thought tradeline updates are done by a system control computer.  I wasn't aware it was done manually until a consumer initiate a disupte. 
Message 12 of 33
rds

Just checked my CR and noticed nordstrom sig hasn't reported since 7/09. Call csr and was told they report every month(thanks for the useless info). Tried to transfer to the dept. that does the reporting and they were closed. Guess i will call mon. and try to figure it out. Also had my sig card changed to plat. Want the limit to report and will have to deal without the concierge service Smiley Sad(...lol  . 
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have called like 6 times and they say that they report monthly, I tell them that there must be a glitch in thier new system or something, they basically say the same thing they report monthly and to allow 30-45 days for the bureaus to update, I think if enough people call they will realize there is a problem, i asked to speak to a supervisor yesterday and they said all of them was tied up on the phone that they would have a supervisor to call me back it took like 5 hours and finally a supervisor called me back her name was MRS. RODRIGUEZ, she said that their is a problem with transposting to the credit bureaus and they are working on it to allow until December to get it fixed I dont know if that was just a blowoff or if they are really working on it, If enough people call maybe they will believe there is a problem, so if Nordstrom is not updating on your credit reports give them a call let them know.
Message 14 of 33
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have called like 6 times and they say that they report monthly, I tell them that there must be a glitch in thier new system or something,

I think they stopped reporting when their website changed a bit.  Still, it's been three months.  Long time to fix a bug if thats what it really was.   If it stays like this the bright side for some is that it will become a hidden tradeline like the UMB partner cards and business cards.  For some a non-reporting tradeline as a plus. You could use the Nordstrom Visa card to hide utilization from your other creditors if it continues to be a non-reporting credit card..

Message 15 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

last updates:

July:  EQ, TU

Sept:  EX (history updated but not balances or visa upgrade)

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 33
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Called Nordstrom CSR and was told that they have not been able to update since their software conversion. Was told they don't have an estimated date of when they will start reporting again but they do plan to report again at some point in the future when they get everything straightened out with their software.
Message 17 of 33
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

This is good to know. I have a store card that I applied for and recieved in Sept of 09....the card hit EX with $0 and CL is $2K (EQ and TU has not picked it up yet). I have since bought a suit so i have a balance with Nordstrom, pay off soon....the balance of $600 has not reported as of yet....

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Nordstrom to request a manual credit bureau update, they said they have resolved the issue with their software and that they are now reporting again,but they havent updated my credit files yet, is anyone that has a nordstrom visa getting there credit report updated now?? did they really fix the reporting issue as they told me??
Message 19 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

MARTYALEX651 wrote:
I called Nordstrom to request a manual credit bureau update, they said they have resolved the issue with their software and that they are now reporting again,but they havent updated my credit files yet, is anyone that has a nordstrom visa getting there credit report updated now?? did they really fix the reporting issue as they told me??

not as of today, if the rep you spoke to was on point, sounds like it should happen soon.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.