Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NORDSTROM VISA REPORTING NIGHTMARE

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

NORDSTROM VISA REPORTING NIGHTMARE

I did an upgrade from a store card to a visa signature card last month, I find out today that all three credit reports are showing 2 accounts from Nordstrom Bank with inaccurate balances and even credit limits( signature accounts should not even have a cl) my credit score has now DROPPED on all 3 and my AAoA has dropped as well, I just do not know what the is going on, I called Nordstrom and it was stated it will take COUPLE of MONTHS for  TU/EQ/EX to update.  Now I guess I have to dispute with each and every one.  Has anyone been through this before with an upgrade.  Need Advice on who I can speak with/and to try and fix this mess of reporting. Any help is appreciate

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NORDSTROM VISA REPORTING NIGHTMARE

Nordstrom does report CL even on the signature card.

now as far as 2 accounts, I don't know about that

Message 2 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Nordstrom does report CL even on the signature card.

now as far as 2 accounts, I don't know about that

That could be the case for some people, lucky for them but I have read threads on this forum that claim there is no cl reporting on thier signature cards

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Some siggies, like nordstrom, apparently do report CL as PP.

When you convert from the store card, they open another TL for the visa but give it the date of the original acct. unlike macy's who lists an upgrade as a brand new acct. 

They have a tendency to be easy to work with, you may wanna give them another call to see if they can update their reporting for you.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

how bizarre. i too have the nordy's visa signature card and mine doesn't report the credit line. just high balance.

Message 5 of 7
orl2185
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

how bizarre. I too have the nordy's visa signature card and mine doesn't report the credit line. Just high balance.

It has always reported for me since opening on 09-04.

US Bank also reports my flex rewards siggy BTW.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a nightmare.  You asked for an upgrade, and you got it.  If I were you, I would not dispute the tradelines.  They are reporting correctly.  Allow them to update normally.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.